Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
JTC
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 6 (380 Views)

After update - stuck on Emergency Dial

I just performed what seemed to be a fairly major update.  The phone is stuck on emergency dial and a soft reset hasn't helped.  In the background I can see that incoming mail is being registered, but I can't get past the emergency dial screen.

Token Ring
Message 2 of 6 (380 Views)

Re: After update - stuck on Emergency Dial

I may have had the exact same issue.  What LOOKS like the emerg dial screen is really the LOCK screen for a PIN.  Did you set a PIN #?

Mike

Broadband 3G
Message 3 of 6 (380 Views)

Was it the ICS update? Did you try powering down the phone, then Power Button + Volume Down at same time for 8-10 seconds (or until phone restarts)?

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 6 (380 Views)

Can you tell us exactly what icons are on the screen and which ones you've tried touching?

JTC
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6 (380 Views)

I was dumb....the initial screen was changed dramatically because my animated background went from a pleasant green swirling thing to an almost black screen, I thought I was looking at something I'd never seen before rather than the screen I saw every time I opend the phone.  I jumped to the conclusion it was for emergency numbers.

Deguardo nailed it and should have gotten the best answer award.  

Sorry about spreading my confusion.

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 6 (380 Views)

JTC said:

I was dumb....the initial screen was changed dramatically because my animated background went from a pleasant green swirling thing to an almost black screen, I thought I was looking at something I'd never seen before rather than the screen I saw every time I opend the phone.  I jumped to the conclusion it was for emergency numbers.

Deguardo nailed it and should have gotten the best answer award.  

Sorry about spreading my confusion.

No.  You weren't dumb.  You were using a system you never used before.  Glad the problem was solved!