Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phil
What's DOS?
Views: 1,600
Message 1 of 6

Bluetooth earpiece won't Pair

New Razr Maxx and Plantronics Explorer 240 Bluetooth earpiece will not pair.  The phone sees the device, asks for the 0000 but gives a pairing error as the wrong code.

Plantronics tells me they only hardcode 0000 (zeros) into the headset and the phone says it is the wrong code.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a fix?  

Phil

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bluetooth earpiece won't Pair

I don't think the phone "knows" what the code is supposed to be.  It's just sending over what you type in, and the earpiece is rejecting it.

Was the earpiece ever connected to a different phone?  If so, it may not be in pairing mode when you turn it on.  It's in pairing mode when it first flashes red and then blue.

Try this:

-turn the headset off and count to ten

-turn it on and hold the call control button until you see the red and then blue flashes

-put the phone into discover mode

-when the phone finds the headset, select it and type in the code

Phil
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

not sure what sequence of buttons worked, but the name kept changing and when it finally showed Plantronics, it paired.  Thanks for your help.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 6

Glad it finally worked out for you! :-)
ritesh_motoX
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

worked great for me..

thank you for your help

crystallet said:

I don't think the phone "knows" what the code is supposed to be.  It's just sending over what you type in, and the earpiece is rejecting it.

Was the earpiece ever connected to a different phone?  If so, it may not be in pairing mode when you turn it on.  It's in pairing mode when it first flashes red and then blue.

Try this:

-turn the headset off and count to ten

-turn it on and hold the call control button until you see the red and then blue flashes

-put the phone into discover mode

-when the phone finds the headset, select it and type in the code

View original

my3boys
What's DOS?
Views: 782
Message 6 of 6

I have tried this over and over.  The Motorolla Turbo Droid Maxx 2 and Plantronics headset will not discover eachother.  All I get is "not connected".  I had the headset paired with a samsung phone 2 years ago, I can't get it to pair with the Motorolla and the Motorolla doesn't even see it as an option to pair with.