Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sdr1
What's DOS?
Views: 3,310
Message 1 of 19

Can I save/print text messages with the native app

I am trying to save/print a string of text messages, but can't find a way to do it with the native text messaging app. There is no option to email them to myself, and trying to enter my email address in place of the recipient phone number doesn't work. I can't find the messages in the files on my phone or my computer (when I connect the phone to the computer). What is the solution?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 19

Re: Can I save/print text messages with the native app

I just forwarded a text to my Gmail account with the native text messaging app. Just long tap the text, tap the envelope with an arrow button, insert your email address and tap send. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

sdr1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 19

Forgetting long pressing gets me every time.  Looks like you can forward only one at a time.  When I select more than one, I lose the option to send.  Thanks for the answer and quick response.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 19

There are apps that will help you add well. Search for 'text to email' on the Play store. You'll find something that will help you. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

sdr1
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 19

Thanks, again, joelbon. 

huff825
802.11n
Message 6 of 19

If it is not a ton, you could screen shot the portion you want to print and email that where you can print.  There are apps meant to back up text messages that will send them all to your email and then you can print from there as well.  

sdr1
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 19

Thanks, huff. That is what I did - screen shot and emailed them to myself. A little around-the-elbow-to-get-to-the-thumb, but it worked. 

iambc1
Token Ring
Message 8 of 19

If you need to save a bunch of text messages (or your call log) use SMS Backup+ (FREE) by Jan Berkel - it will asave them to your GMail account and allow you to restore them as well.   I did this when I replaced one of my daughters phones.   It won't do MMS, but you can also set it to automatically backup as well.

huff825
802.11n
Message 9 of 19

sdr said:

Thanks, huff. That is what I did - screen shot and emailed them to myself. A little around-the-elbow-to-get-to-the-thumb, but it worked. 

View original

Glad that worked for you, never heard that saying, got a good laugh out of it, Thanks!

sdr1
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 19

iambc1 said:

If you need to save a bunch of text messages (or your call log) use SMS Backup+ (FREE) by Jan Berkel - it will asave them to your GMail account and allow you to restore them as well.   I did this when I replaced one of my daughters phones.   It won't do MMS, but you can also set it to automatically backup as well.

View original

Thanks. I've heard others recommend this and I'll try it.