Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Views: 5,392
Message 1 of 77

Can't get out of Emergency mode

Somehow I managed to get my phone into what looks like an emergency mode (like if you've called 911) and I can't get it out.  And, I can't get it to start in safe mode, it just wants to restart or be off.

Help! (please)

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 5,369
Message 2 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode

What exactly (it okay to be graphic) is displayed on your screen?      --- Dan

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 3 of 77

While we're trying to get things sorted out, try a forced reboot on your phone by concurrently depressing the power on button and the volume down button for approximately 10 seconds.       --- Dan

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 4 of 77

The top of the screen shows the usual notification bar, below that is the time, a vibrate/speaker toggle button, plus the date and an icon that tells me I have an alarm set for Wednesday.  There is what looks like a dialer but without the send button in the middle of the screen, and at the bottom of the screen there's an "Emergency call" button and as "Emergency contacts" button.

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 5 of 77

I've turned it on & off a dozen times, and I actually had it on the safe mode screen once but I waited too long and it restarted, and I haven't been able to get it back into safe mode. By safe mode, I'm talking about where you have some boot choices like normal and recovery.

Can't take the battery out, it's a Droid RAZR.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 6 of 77

distortiondale said:

Try pulling out the battery?

View original

The Motorola Droid RAZR has a non-replaceable battery except for service center replacements of the battery.     --- Dan

Highlighted
lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 7 of 77

Pressing both the up & down volume button then the power button is how you get to the safe mode, right?  And you do that when it's off, right?  If I manage to get there again, what's next?

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 8 of 77

lakesuperiorgirl said:

I've turned it on & off a dozen times, and I actually had it on the safe mode screen once but I waited too long and it restarted, and I haven't been able to get it back into safe mode. By safe mode, I'm talking about where you have some boot choices like normal and recovery.

Can't take the battery out, it's a Droid RAZR.

View original

smiley That's not safe mode, that's the boot menu and recovery access on the phone.  Did the forced reboot work to get your phone back to normal?     --- Dan

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 9 of 77

Ahhh.....ok. Nope, the forced reboot got me the same emergency screen. Let me try it the right way...I'll get back to you.

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 10 of 77

Success! (I think) I see a faint "Safe mode" in the lower left corner, superimposed on top of the same problem screen. What's next?