Punch Card
Views: 685
Message 71 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

I don't know if this clue will help, but the "Vibrate on touch" box in the Security & Screen Lock settings keeps getting checked every time I reboot. I uncheck it (I prefer no vibration), but it doesn't stay that way I power back up.

View original

It doesn't help directly, except I can tell you that it should not auto-toggle off to on and I can't see how FoxFi that has now been uninstalled would affect that setting.  Let's go back to safe mode again, two questions, when in safe mode is the PIN menu displayed at that point?  Also prior to entering safe mode if you have "vibrate on touch" toggled off, does it remain toggled off in safe mode?  I have this feeling that the solution to this is going to either be very simple or it's going to require a factory data reset.     --- Dan

View original

I'm back in Safe Mode now. Yes, the PIN menu is the first screen that appears. Vibrate on touch is NOT checked in safe mode, I had unchecked it before I powered down for this Safe Mode test.  I really, really, really like simple.....very much dislike factory data reset.

View original

Well, we've danced all the way around this because I've never tried to clear all credentials on my phones, never had the occasion to...it's suggested that settings > security > clear credentials will, at minimum, we hope, take care of the PIN entry requirement...it remains to be seen if it will also address the "vibrate on touch" problem with that action.  After you've cleared the credentials, turn off your phone and then turn it back on and then test for the PIN menu to be gone.     --- Dan

View original

The PIN screen was still there, but the "None & Slide" options are now available!  I changed it to None, rebooted, and the dang PIN screen is gone!!  And, the vibrate on press box that kept getting checked isn't listed in the Security & Screen Lock page now.  I'm a happy camper.  smiley  (but I'm still going to whine about Sticky Note and the increasing volume with the alarm/timer and the weather widget being gone).

Thank you all !!!!!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 72 of 77

lakesuperiorgirl said:

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

I don't know if this clue will help, but the "Vibrate on touch" box in the Security & Screen Lock settings keeps getting checked every time I reboot. I uncheck it (I prefer no vibration), but it doesn't stay that way I power back up.

View original

It doesn't help directly, except I can tell you that it should not auto-toggle off to on and I can't see how FoxFi that has now been uninstalled would affect that setting.  Let's go back to safe mode again, two questions, when in safe mode is the PIN menu displayed at that point?  Also prior to entering safe mode if you have "vibrate on touch" toggled off, does it remain toggled off in safe mode?  I have this feeling that the solution to this is going to either be very simple or it's going to require a factory data reset.     --- Dan

View original

I'm back in Safe Mode now. Yes, the PIN menu is the first screen that appears. Vibrate on touch is NOT checked in safe mode, I had unchecked it before I powered down for this Safe Mode test.  I really, really, really like simple.....very much dislike factory data reset.

View original

Well, we've danced all the way around this because I've never tried to clear all credentials on my phones, never had the occasion to...it's suggested that settings > security > clear credentials will, at minimum, we hope, take care of the PIN entry requirement...it remains to be seen if it will also address the "vibrate on touch" problem with that action.  After you've cleared the credentials, turn off your phone and then turn it back on and then test for the PIN menu to be gone.     --- Dan

View original

The PIN screen was still there, but the "None & Slide" options are now available!  I changed it to None, rebooted, and the dang PIN screen is gone!!  And, the vibrate on press box that kept getting checked isn't listed in the Security & Screen Lock page now.  I'm a happy camper.  smiley  (but I'm still going to whine about Sticky Note and the increasing volume with the alarm/timer and the weather widget being gone).

Thank you all !!!!!

View original

Glad it worked out. It is good that you are running the way it should be.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

iambc1
Token Ring
Message 73 of 77

The instructions for FoxFi state "If you are asked to set a lock screen, make sure you select Pattern Lock then try turning on again."  It installed a certificate but never prompted me to set a securit option (but I do already have a SIM pin and boot password). I do have the certificate but FoxFi is NOT a device administrator - the app does work.

If you have this problem with it uninstalled would it be worthwhile to reinstall and then try again setting a pattern lock?  If it works problem solved - either leave it installed or uninstall it.  

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 74 of 77

lakesuperiorgirl said:

Thank you all !!!!!

View original

I'm glad this problem has been resolved and for my part you're very welcome.  I'm very happy your phone is now working the way it should.  Yes, I also really miss Motorola's "Sticky Notes"!      --- Dan

iambc1
Token Ring
Message 75 of 77

DansDroid et al - yall have already solved the problem!

JBass
Bit Torrent
Message 76 of 77

joelbon said:

Just clear credentials and everything will go back to normal.

The lock features will not be greyed out anymore and you can set it to None or what ever other one you want.

View original

Joel swoops in for the kill... cheeky

Nicely played detective work, one and all...

yes

tickle
What's DOS?
Views: 602
Message 77 of 77

I cant unlock my phone by swiping up. Can only eaccess emegency setting