Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,184
Message 21 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode

Or try your Pin twice?
Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 22 of 77

Yup, I was trying to set-up FoxFi to try out with my daughter's phone.  I was interrupted a little after the point where it wants you to pick a screen lock.  The screen I was on is the same screen in "Security & Screen Lock/Screen Lock" in Settings. When I tap Screen Lock, it asks me to confirm my PIN, I tap "Next", and I get a choice of Pattern, PIN, or Password. "None" & "Slide" are grayed out.

Please don't tell me that "None" & "Slide" being grayed out is a new feature with JB....I think I'll hafta scream if it is.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 23 of 77

lakesuperiorgirl said:

Yup, I was trying to set-up FoxFi to try out with my daughter's phone.  I was interrupted a little after the point where it wants you to pick a screen lock.  The screen I was on is the same screen in "Security & Screen Lock/Screen Lock" in Settings. When I tap Screen Lock, it asks me to confirm my PIN, I tap "Next", and I get a choice of Pattern, PIN, or Password. "None" & "Slide" are grayed out.

Please don't tell me that "None" & "Slide" being grayed out is a new feature with JB....I think I'll hafta scream if it is.

View original

Thanks, FoxFi is your problem as I see it..."None" and "Slide" are still valid options in Jelly Bean.  Did FoxFi put any security certificates on your phone?     --- Dan

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 24 of 77

Don't scream :-) JB has those features as options. Not sure why you don't though...
Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 25 of 77

It's possible FoxFi put security certificate(s) on my phone, but I don't remember getting a notification. How can I delete them?

I'm very happy about not losing the option of no screen lock. (I'm still ticked about the other stuff missing, though)

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 26 of 77

lakesuperiorgirl said:

It's possible FoxFi put security certificate(s) on my phone, but I don't remember getting a notification. How can I delete them?

I'm very happy about not losing the option of no screen lock. (I'm still ticked about the other stuff missing, though)

View original

Have you uninstalled FoxFi yet?  Or can you even get to the settings > apps > all > foxfi     ?   If you can get to it, uninstall FoxFi for the time being and then we'll take a look at certificates if necessary   --- Dan

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 27 of 77

Yup, I've already uninstalled FoxFi. I did that while I was in Safe Mode.

I've attached a pic, the problem screen which is now gone.

huff825
802.11n
Message 28 of 77

The new Foxfi is the issue, it requires a pin or pattern on JB.  I am not using it right now, but you may want to see if it shows up in your list of device administrators.  

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 29 of 77

And here's the Settings > Security & Screen Lock > Screen lock view:

huff825
802.11n
Message 30 of 77

Yep, that is the enter pin screen not a dial pad.