cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
huff825
802.11n
Posts: 1,294
Registered: ‎06-05-2010
Location: United States
Views: 985
Message 31 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode


You still have to go in and disable Foxfi as a device administrator.

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Posts: 225
Registered: ‎11-11-2011
Location: US
Views: 985
Message 32 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode



huff825 said:


The new Foxfi is the issue, it requires a pin or pattern on JB.  I am not using it right now, but you may want to see if it shows up in your list of device administrators.  


View original




Nope, it's not in the list of Device Administrators.

huff825
802.11n
Posts: 1,294
Registered: ‎06-05-2010
Location: United States
Views: 985
Message 33 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode



lakesuperiorgirl said:



huff825 said:


The new Foxfi is the issue, it requires a pin or pattern on JB.  I am not using it right now, but you may want to see if it shows up in your list of device administrators.  


View original




Nope, it's not in the list of Device Administrators.


View original


Sorry, we were posting at the same time, do you have anything listed in your device administrators? That is what is controlling your security options.  My work email imposes a password, pin, or pattern and it looks like yours does.

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Posts: 225
Registered: ‎11-11-2011
Location: US
Views: 985
Message 34 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode


Nuts. I just powered off and back on, and I'm getting that PIN screen again! The Device administrators are: Motorola Device Policy & Lookout, they each have a box to check, neither box is checked.

Swoops
802.11n
Posts: 1,161
Registered: ‎05-22-2012
Location: United States
Views: 985
Message 35 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode

If you don't uninstall foxfi then you need to clear cache and data of the foxfi app. Reboot should take you back to normal. This will probably happen again though if you choose to use foxfi again.
lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Posts: 225
Registered: ‎11-11-2011
Location: US
Views: 985
Message 36 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode



Swoops said:

If you don't uninstall foxfi then you need to clear cache and data of the foxfi app. Reboot should take you back to normal. This will probably happen again though if you choose to use foxfi again.View original




I did uninstall FoxFi while I was in Safe Mode, and I cleared the Data first, there was nothing in the cache (it was grayed out & showed 0.00B). Reboot brings me back to the PIN page now, and after that I have to tap the pulsating key and then choose one of the four icons (unlock, phone, text, or camera).

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Posts: 12,243
Registered: ‎11-18-2009
Location: United States
Views: 985
Message 37 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode



lakesuperiorgirl said:



Swoops said:

If you don't uninstall foxfi then you need to clear cache and data of the foxfi app. Reboot should take you back to normal. This will probably happen again though if you choose to use foxfi again.View original




I did uninstall FoxFi while I was in Safe Mode, and I cleared the Data first, there was nothing in the cache (it was grayed out & showed 0.00B). Reboot brings me back to the PIN page now, and after that I have to tap the pulsating key and then choose one of the four icons (unlock, phone, text, or camera).


View original




Wow, I never knew FoxFi had such a darkside.  Note to self, don't install on your phone.   The PIN page you are mentioning, to be clear, you have the PIN, correct?   --- Dan

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Posts: 225
Registered: ‎11-11-2011
Location: US
Views: 985
Message 38 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode


Yup, I have the PIN. Luckily, I remembered it.  I can get into my phone now, but I really, really want to get rid of the PIN page and screen lock.

huff825
802.11n
Posts: 1,294
Registered: ‎06-05-2010
Location: United States
Views: 985
Message 39 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode


I've been doing some research, it installs a certificate, a suggestion was.  Settings > Security > Clear Credentials.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Posts: 12,243
Registered: ‎11-18-2009
Location: United States
Views: 985
Message 40 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode



lakesuperiorgirl said:


Yup, I have the PIN. Luckily, I remembered it.  I can get into my phone now, but I really, really want to get rid of the PIN page and screen lock.


View original




OK, to be clear (for me), the PIN is for the system security or is it being presented because of FoxFi?  If it's the system PIN, that's easy enough to get rid of...but I'm not understanding why FoxFi (it if is) has a PIN access requirement if it's uninstalled.     --- Dan