Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huff825
802.11n
Views: 985
Message 31 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode

You still have to go in and disable Foxfi as a device administrator.

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 32 of 77

huff825 said:

The new Foxfi is the issue, it requires a pin or pattern on JB.  I am not using it right now, but you may want to see if it shows up in your list of device administrators.  

View original

Nope, it's not in the list of Device Administrators.

huff825
802.11n
Message 33 of 77

lakesuperiorgirl said:

huff825 said:

The new Foxfi is the issue, it requires a pin or pattern on JB.  I am not using it right now, but you may want to see if it shows up in your list of device administrators.  

View original

Nope, it's not in the list of Device Administrators.

View original

Sorry, we were posting at the same time, do you have anything listed in your device administrators? That is what is controlling your security options.  My work email imposes a password, pin, or pattern and it looks like yours does.

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 34 of 77

Nuts. I just powered off and back on, and I'm getting that PIN screen again! The Device administrators are: Motorola Device Policy & Lookout, they each have a box to check, neither box is checked.

Swoops
802.11n
Message 35 of 77

If you don't uninstall foxfi then you need to clear cache and data of the foxfi app. Reboot should take you back to normal. This will probably happen again though if you choose to use foxfi again.
lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 36 of 77

Swoops said:

If you don't uninstall foxfi then you need to clear cache and data of the foxfi app. Reboot should take you back to normal. This will probably happen again though if you choose to use foxfi again.View original

I did uninstall FoxFi while I was in Safe Mode, and I cleared the Data first, there was nothing in the cache (it was grayed out & showed 0.00B). Reboot brings me back to the PIN page now, and after that I have to tap the pulsating key and then choose one of the four icons (unlock, phone, text, or camera).

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 37 of 77

lakesuperiorgirl said:

Swoops said:

If you don't uninstall foxfi then you need to clear cache and data of the foxfi app. Reboot should take you back to normal. This will probably happen again though if you choose to use foxfi again.View original

I did uninstall FoxFi while I was in Safe Mode, and I cleared the Data first, there was nothing in the cache (it was grayed out & showed 0.00B). Reboot brings me back to the PIN page now, and after that I have to tap the pulsating key and then choose one of the four icons (unlock, phone, text, or camera).

View original

Wow, I never knew FoxFi had such a darkside.  Note to self, don't install on your phone.   The PIN page you are mentioning, to be clear, you have the PIN, correct?   --- Dan

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 38 of 77

Yup, I have the PIN. Luckily, I remembered it.  I can get into my phone now, but I really, really want to get rid of the PIN page and screen lock.

huff825
802.11n
Message 39 of 77

I've been doing some research, it installs a certificate, a suggestion was.  Settings > Security > Clear Credentials.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 40 of 77

lakesuperiorgirl said:

Yup, I have the PIN. Luckily, I remembered it.  I can get into my phone now, but I really, really want to get rid of the PIN page and screen lock.

View original

OK, to be clear (for me), the PIN is for the system security or is it being presented because of FoxFi?  If it's the system PIN, that's easy enough to get rid of...but I'm not understanding why FoxFi (it if is) has a PIN access requirement if it's uninstalled.     --- Dan