Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Views: 995
Message 41 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode

I believe it's the PIN for the system security.  FoxFi required I set it up, I didn't have it set up before that.  I looked again to make sure FoxFi is uninstalled, and it is not listed in the Downloaded list or the All list, so I'm thinking it really is uninstalled.

So, what's the easy way to get rid of the PIN?

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 42 of 77

huff825 said:

I've been doing some research, it installs a certificate, a suggestion was.  Settings > Security > Clear Credentials.

View original

Any idea what else will get blitzed if I do that?

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 43 of 77

lakesuperiorgirl said:

I believe it's the PIN for the system security.  FoxFi required I set it up, I didn't have it set up before that.  I looked again to make sure FoxFi is uninstalled, and it is not listed in the Downloaded list or the All list, so I'm thinking it really is uninstalled.

View original

If it's the system PIN it's accessable through settings > security > screen lock > none     --- Dan

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 44 of 77

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

View original

If it's the system PIN it's accessable through settings > security > screen lock > none     --- Dan

View original

That option item is grayed out now. I posted a screen shot on page 2 of this thread, take a look, any ideas?

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 45 of 77

lakesuperiorgirl said:

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

View original

View original

That option item is grayed out now. I posted a screen shot on page 2 of this thread, take a look, any ideas?

View original

I went back and took a look, thanks.  That means that the PIN access is not the regular system controlled one and must be one setup by FoxFi.  Can you please check settings > security > trusted credentials > user      And tell me if there are any credentials there, thanks.     --- Dan

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 46 of 77

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

View original

View original

View original

I went back and took a look, thanks.  That means that the PIN access is not the regular system controlled one and must be one setup by FoxFi.  Can you please check settings > security > trusted credentials > user      And tell me if there are any credentials there, thanks.     --- Dan

View original

Also check settings > security > trusted credentials > system      And look for FoxFi in that list.       --- Dan

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 47 of 77

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

View original

View original

View original

View original

BINGO!!  FoxFi is the only one listed in the User section.  Ok, now what?

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 48 of 77

lakesuperiorgirl said:

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

View original

View original

View original

View original

View original

I don't have anything on my phone under "USER" for a guide, but try a long press on the FoxFi entry and you should be presented with an option to "Disable" (it's at the very bottom), do that, reboot your phone and then test for normal operation.     --- Dan

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 49 of 77

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

View original

View original

View original

View original

View original

I don't have anything on my phone under "USER" for a guide, but try a long press on the FoxFi entry and you should be presented with an option to "Disable" (it's at the very bottom), do that, reboot your phone and then test for normal operation.     --- Dan

View original

Long press isn't needed, and regular tap gets you a security certificate. You can scroll down, and an option to Remove is available. I tapped that, and confirmed my choice to remove it.  I powered off and back on, and I still had the PIN screen. And the grayed out None & Slide option. GRRR. I was pretty hopeful that would have fixed it.  Got any other ideas?

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 50 of 77

Also, I did check the System tab of the Trusted Credentials, and FoxFi isn't there.