Did you mean: 
DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 940
Message 51 of 77

Re: Can't get out of Emergency mode

lakesuperiorgirl said:

View original

Long press isn't needed, and regular tap gets you a security certificate. You can scroll down, and an option to Remove is available. I tapped that, and confirmed my choice to remove it.  I powered off and back on, and I still had the PIN screen. And the grayed out None & Slide option. GRRR. I was pretty hopeful that would have fixed it.  Got any other ideas?

View original

I thought that would resolve the PIN menu myself, I'm sorry it didn't.  The PIN number you're entering, is that the PIN that you were required to create when you installed FoxFi?    --- Dan

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 52 of 77

lakesuperiorgirl said:

Also, I did check the System tab of the Trusted Credentials, and FoxFi isn't there.

View original

Thanks, I really didn't think it would be under the "system" credentials, but I wanted to cover everything as we troubleshoot.    --- Dan

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 53 of 77

I don't know if this clue will help, but the "Vibrate on touch" box in the Security & Screen Lock settings keeps getting checked every time I reboot. I uncheck it (I prefer no vibration), but it doesn't stay that way I power back up.

lakesuperiorgir
Punch Card
Message 54 of 77

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

View original

Long press isn't needed, and regular tap gets you a security certificate. You can scroll down, and an option to Remove is available. I tapped that, and confirmed my choice to remove it.  I powered off and back on, and I still had the PIN screen. And the grayed out None & Slide option. GRRR. I was pretty hopeful that would have fixed it.  Got any other ideas?

View original

I thought that would resolve the PIN menu myself, I'm sorry it didn't.  The PIN number you're entering, is that the PIN that you were required to create when you installed FoxFi?    --- Dan

View original

Yup, it is. And I had never set up a PIN before FoxFi required me to, so it has to be FoxFi, not a left over from something else.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 55 of 77

lakesuperiorgirl said:

I don't know if this clue will help, but the "Vibrate on touch" box in the Security & Screen Lock settings keeps getting checked every time I reboot. I uncheck it (I prefer no vibration), but it doesn't stay that way I power back up.

View original

It doesn't help directly, except I can tell you that it should not auto-toggle off to on and I can't see how FoxFi that has now been uninstalled would affect that setting.  Let's go back to safe mode again, two questions, when in safe mode is the PIN menu displayed at that point?  Also prior to entering safe mode if you have "vibrate on touch" toggled off, does it remain toggled off in safe mode?  I have this feeling that the solution to this is going to either be very simple or it's going to require a factory data reset.     --- Dan

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 56 of 77

lakesuperiorgirl said:

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

View original

View original

View original

Yup, it is. And I had never set up a PIN before FoxFi required me to, so it has to be FoxFi, not a left over from something else.

View original

Okay, that's helpful to know absolutely that it's tied into some remnant of FoxFfi on your phone and not a previous system PIN you had established.  Thanks for your patience.      --- Dan

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 57 of 77

I did this once already on my phone. I ended up clearing credentials. This should only clear the user added or app added ones. Once you clear than you should reboot the phone. Things should go back to normal from there.

I heard one person say that they were using Foxfi and the app NoLock to bypass the lock screen and it was working for them. Anyway give this a try. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 58 of 77

DansDroid said:

lakesuperiorgirl said:

Also, I did check the System tab of the Trusted Credentials, and FoxFi isn't there.

View original

Thanks, I really didn't think it would be under the "system" credentials, but I wanted to cover everything as we troubleshoot.    --- Dan

View original

According to the updated description on Google Play, you have to go into security settings and clear credentials in order to disable the pin/pattern/password lock. Foxfi recommends using a pattern lock on Motorola phones. Out also days that if you don't want to secure the phone, your only recourse is USB mode.

Don't know if any of that is helpful or not...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 59 of 77

I just did this again on my phone and what I just said will absolutely work. You don't even need to reboot the phone.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Apaulct
802.11n
Message 60 of 77

This is all documented in the foxfi description in its play store entry. They recommend clear credentials to remove the lock screen.
--------
-Allen