cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Nanniepoo
802.11n
Posts: 738
Registered: ‎02-06-2012
Location: United States
Views: 923
Message 11 of 23

Re: DROID RAZR - MY PHOTOS ARE LOST

 I have to ask...did you do any modding?  I know there was one method that messed with pictures...


 


 


And yes I think if you have motocast set-up, it could do something when you plug in your phone.  I don't use it tho so not sure. 

morr22066
Token Ring
Posts: 248
Registered: ‎07-06-2010
Location: United States
Views: 923
Message 12 of 23

Re: DROID RAZR - MY PHOTOS ARE LOST

There are programs available to retrieve lost pics and data from sd cards even if they were deleted.  I use sandisc sd cards and their website has a program you can download to your pc to retrieve lost or deleted files from an sd card.I have used it and it works very well, too well sometimes so there is also an option to permanently delete things if you want to be sure it is gone for good and no one else can retrieve it...  You can also search cnet.com for similar programs to download to your pc.  

rkeller62
802.11n
Posts: 442
Registered: ‎02-10-2010
Location: US
Views: 923
Message 13 of 23

Re: DROID RAZR - MY PHOTOS ARE LOST

It looks like the files were marked as "lost" at some time when the SD Card was initialized by the phone. Some of these files may still be useable. You would need to copy the files from the LOST.DIR folder to your PC. You can then add a .jpg extension to each of these files and then try to open them. I know this will be a time consuming process, but if you have no other backup of these pictures it may be well worth it.


Another suggestion for backup is to use the Motocast auto upload feature. I do this with all pics and video taken on my Razr. I can set it to only upload when I am connected to WiFi as well to minimize data usage. This also has the added benefit for me that my wife has immediate access to the photos via Picasa on our home PC.

GunnyGee
What's DOS?
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎11-29-2009
Location: United States
Views: 923
Message 14 of 23

Re: DROID RAZR - MY PHOTOS ARE LOST


All,



I was able to recover some (not all) of my photos following "rkeller62" advice. I did download and install MotoCast and hopefully will not loose as many photos again by uploading to my PC on a regular basis. Some picture files were corupt after adding .jpg to the file name and were lost. I think this occured when I was playing in my phone app and changed the storage location. For some dumb reason I switched from saving photos from the SD card to internal phone memory. At least, that is the only thing I remember doing recently. I did switch it back to save to the SD card. 



Thanks for all your ideas and help



 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 15,450
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 923
Message 15 of 23

Re: DROID RAZR - MY PHOTOS ARE LOST


I do hope that you got back the important ones. It is always a tragedy to lose memories.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Jasonking
What's DOS?
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎07-22-2013
Location: United States
Views: 923
Message 16 of 23

Re: DROID RAZR - MY PHOTOS ARE LOST


In my opinion, you can try to use recovery tool to recover lost data from phone memory card directly. I ever met such situation and I could'n do anything to lost.dir. So I  found some solution on the web, and found a tip from a android forum. Since the photos are saved in sd card, we just can recover photos from sd card, so I used a recovery program named Card Data Recovery which was recommended in forum, it worked well, and I got back lost photos, you can have a try!

Jasonking
What's DOS?
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎07-22-2013
Location: United States
Views: 923
Message 17 of 23

Re: DROID RAZR - MY PHOTOS ARE LOST


In my opinion, you can connect the SD card of the phone to computer, and use the fix tool in Windows to fix the card memory. If you didn't delete those pics, I think there was something wrong make your memory card corrupted, this situation is common in Android devices. For photo recovery, you can use some memory card recovery software or Android phone data recovery tool to scan your memory card or the phone,(scanning is free, even if those recovery software need to pay when you recover lost data), I have used one of them which is named Tenorshare Card Data Recovery, you can try to use it to recover lost photos from Android SD card. Good luck! BTW, if you get back what you lost, you had better format the card in the phone.

grandsport
Broadband 3G
Posts: 1,298
Registered: ‎12-09-2011
Location: United States
Views: 923
Message 18 of 23

Re: DROID RAZR - MY PHOTOS ARE LOST



rkeller62 said:


It looks like the files were marked as "lost" at some time when the SD Card was initialized by the phone. Some of these files may still be useable. You would need to copy the files from the LOST.DIR folder to your PC. You can then add a .jpg extension to each of these files and then try to open them. I know this will be a time consuming process, but if you have no other backup of these pictures it may be well worth it.



Another suggestion for backup is to use the Motocast auto upload feature. I do this with all pics and video taken on my Razr. I can set it to only upload when I am connected to WiFi as well to minimize data usage. This also has the added benefit for me that my wife has immediate access to the photos via Picasa on our home PC.


View original


I use it the same way. Can be out somewhere and take pics/videos. As soon as I get home and the Wifi connects they automatically upload to my PC. My wife can then pull them to her phone using MotoCast by accessing the folder they were saved to on the PC or just view them from anywhere/anytime.



This is one (but not the only) reason I have not given up my Razr MAXX. After it, all subsequent phones eliminated it.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 13,987
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 923
Message 19 of 23

Re: DROID RAZR - MY PHOTOS ARE LOST



grandsport said:



rkeller62 said:


It looks like the files were marked as "lost" at some time when the SD Card was initialized by the phone. Some of these files may still be useable. You would need to copy the files from the LOST.DIR folder to your PC. You can then add a .jpg extension to each of these files and then try to open them. I know this will be a time consuming process, but if you have no other backup of these pictures it may be well worth it.



Another suggestion for backup is to use the Motocast auto upload feature. I do this with all pics and video taken on my Razr. I can set it to only upload when I am connected to WiFi as well to minimize data usage. This also has the added benefit for me that my wife has immediate access to the photos via Picasa on our home PC.


View original


I use it the same way. Can be out somewhere and take pics/videos. As soon as I get home and the Wifi connects they automatically upload to my PC. My wife can then pull them to her phone using MotoCast by accessing the folder they were saved to on the PC or just view them from anywhere/anytime.



This is one (but not the only) reason I have not given up my Razr MAXX. After it, all subsequent phones eliminated it.


View original


Google+ does the same--back up to the cloud (mine too is set to do so only in Wifi, but it can do it over mobile networks if you so choose) and stored privately until I choose to share them (if ever).  When talking about pics that mean something to us, it is best to to always have multiple storage options and automation to boot!

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 13,987
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 923
Message 20 of 23

Re: DROID RAZR - MY PHOTOS ARE LOST



Jasonking said:


In my opinion, you can connect the SD card of the phone to computer, and use the fix tool in Windows to fix the card memory. If you didn't delete those pics, I think there was something wrong make your memory card corrupted, this situation is common in Android devices. For photo recovery, you can use some memory card recovery software or Android phone data recovery tool to scan your memory card or the phone,(scanning is free, even if those recovery software need to pay when you recover lost data), I have used one of them which is named Tenorshare Card Data Recovery, you can try to use it to recover lost photos from Android SD card. Good luck! BTW, if you get back what you lost, you had better format the card in the phone.


View original


Best to do this with any card going into a phone for the first time--format the card using the phone that you intend to put the card into...

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."