Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kermitfrog
What's DOS?
Views: 678
Message 1 of 3

Drod Razr sold as Droid Razr Maxx?

I bought a used phone to replace my Droid Razr Maxx that had a swollen battery and other issues. It was advertised as a droid razr maxx, but when I took the case off to install the SD and SIM cards I realized that it was thinner than my previous maxx model making me think that I have been sold a standard Razr because the battery is smaller. The seller insists it is a Maxx model referring to the "XT912" on the sticker on the back of the phone, so I suggested that maybe someone had changed the the sticker on the back but the seller claims the phone belonged to a parent so the sticker couldn't have been replaced. How can I tell if this is a Maxx model or not? and if it is, has someone replaced the battery with a smaller standard droid battery and back cover? I've attached a pic of my old maxx phone next to the one I just bought.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 649
Message 2 of 3

Re: Drod Razr sold as Droid Razr Maxx?

@kermitfrog wrote:
I bought a used phone to replace my Droid Razr Maxx that had a swollen battery and other issues. It was advertised as a droid razr maxx, but when I took the case off to install the SD and SIM cards I realized that it was thinner than my previous maxx model making me think that I have been sold a standard Razr because the battery is smaller. The seller insists it is a Maxx model referring to the "XT912" on the sticker on the back of the phone, so I suggested that maybe someone had changed the the sticker on the back but the seller claims the phone belonged to a parent so the sticker couldn't have been replaced. How can I tell if this is a Maxx model or not? and if it is, has someone replaced the battery with a smaller standard droid battery and back cover? I've attached a pic of my old maxx phone next to the one I just bought.

Maybe the software/system version? Settings - about phone. Some 3rd party apps can tell you phone stats like battery size. Also, imei may give it away. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Peach2
What's DOS?
Views: 599
Message 3 of 3

Re: Drod Razr sold as Droid Razr Maxx?

The XT912 is indeed a "Droid RAZR". The XT1080 is the "Droid RAZR MAXX".
I had the former, my wife the latter. I also experienced the swolen battery issue.