Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hesprit
Paper Tape
Views: 7,685
Message 1 of 11

Droid Razr M locked and can't reset

Okay, so I know this is an older phone but it still serves my needs quite well ... until yesterday!  I'm hoping someone who still knows about this model will be able to help me out here.

Background:  When the phone's orriginal Verizon contract had run out and the phone was completely clear of any restrictions, I purchased the phone and transferred the service to Tracfone using their BYOP program.  Everything went fine with that and I've been using the phone on that service for over a year now and, as I said, it has served my needs very well.  I even ran into a similar issue as this once before which was easily cleared by a force shutdown, restart and recovery, which is apparently not unusual for these.

This time something has happened and I'm not sure what.  I can not get the phone to go to recovery or to factory reset or anything else.  No matter what I do the phone reboots and gets stuck in the bootup at the "eye" and will progress no further.

I did hit a status screen which says 

Phone: LOCKED  Status Code:0

I NEED this phone as I'm on a transplant waiting list and MUST have the secondary contact availability.  I'm fine with having to reinstall my apps and things if necessary, although I'd like to be able to get them back if possible, but first I have to get into the phone and make sure my phone number is working!

If anyone can help I would be hugely grateful!!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,665
Message 2 of 11

Re: Droid Razr M locked and can't reset

@Hesprit wrote:

Okay, so I know this is an older phone but it still serves my needs quite well ... until yesterday!  I'm hoping someone who still knows about this model will be able to help me out here.

Background:  When the phone's orriginal Verizon contract had run out and the phone was completely clear of any restrictions, I purchased the phone and transferred the service to Tracfone using their BYOP program.  Everything went fine with that and I've been using the phone on that service for over a year now and, as I said, it has served my needs very well.  I even ran into a similar issue as this once before which was easily cleared by a force shutdown, restart and recovery, which is apparently not unusual for these.

This time something has happened and I'm not sure what.  I can not get the phone to go to recovery or to factory reset or anything else.  No matter what I do the phone reboots and gets stuck in the bootup at the "eye" and will progress no further.

I did hit a status screen which says 

Phone: LOCKED  Status Code:0

I NEED this phone as I'm on a transplant waiting list and MUST have the secondary contact availability.  I'm fine with having to reinstall my apps and things if necessary, although I'd like to be able to get them back if possible, but first I have to get into the phone and make sure my phone number is working!

If anyone can help I would be hugely grateful!!

Hi Hesprit,

Hope I can help. If force reboot(Press and hold the power key + volume down key for 10 seconds to perform a force reboot on the device) and the phone still reboot please try the following steps:

1.  Ensure the phone is powered off.

2.  Remove the microSD card from the phone.

3.  Turn the phone back on again.

4.  Use the phone for a short time to see if the issue continues.

5.  If the device does not power cycle any longer the problem may be with something on your memory card. We suggest you try to backup any content you may have on the MicroSD card, then formatting the card.

6.  Once formatted, reinsert the MicroSD card, and power the phone back on.

Regards,

Jess

Motorola Support

Hesprit
Paper Tape
Views: 7,654
Message 3 of 11

Thanks Jess,

Unfortunately after multiple tries the phone continues to reboot into the same loop. I should update by mentioning that earlier I was finally able to bring up the options menu from the flashboot, however even after selecting one (I tried recovery and factory both) nothing would happen except the same reboot. A little later I also managed to bring up the "dead droid" which I thought was finally going to help, but no dice ... it did absolutely nothing but sit there until it finally rebooted again. On the screen with the droid it simply said "No Command."
I don't know if that helps at all, but I'm hopeful.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,638
Message 4 of 11

@Hesprit wrote:
Thanks Jess,

Unfortunately after multiple tries the phone continues to reboot into the same loop. I should update by mentioning that earlier I was finally able to bring up the options menu from the flashboot, however even after selecting one (I tried recovery and factory both) nothing would happen except the same reboot. A little later I also managed to bring up the "dead droid" which I thought was finally going to help, but no dice ... it did absolutely nothing but sit there until it finally rebooted again. On the screen with the droid it simply said "No Command."
I don't know if that helps at all, but I'm hopeful.

Hi Hesprit,

Good thing you already tried to get there on No Command screen. Hopefully, this video would help you reset your device.

Regards,

Jess

Motorola Support

Hesprit
Paper Tape
Views: 7,632
Message 5 of 11

Hi again Jess, or anyone else who might be looking at this on the weekend!

Unfortunately , while I had high hopes, this was still not successful. When I get to the "No Command" screen and press both the up and down volume buttons as shone, absolutely nothing happens. I have tried this a number of times with no results. I hate to say it but I'm starting to lose hope here. Has the phone gone beyond being able to get it working again?

Peter
Hesprit
Paper Tape
Views: 7,618
Message 6 of 11

Hmmm, no response, not encouraaging.

Well, I will keep watching this and hope that someone can come up with another idea but in the meantime I will also be looking into replacing the phone.

I would like to say that I do appreciate the help Jess was able to give.  Although it didn't work, her suggestions did get me further than I had gotten on my own so, thanks for trying.

Peter

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,605
Message 7 of 11

@Hesprit wrote:

Hmmm, no response, not encouraaging.

Well, I will keep watching this and hope that someone can come up with another idea but in the meantime I will also be looking into replacing the phone.

I would like to say that I do appreciate the help Jess was able to give.  Although it didn't work, her suggestions did get me further than I had gotten on my own so, thanks for trying.

Peter

Hi Hesprit,

Thanks for trying my suggestion. You could even try that while the phone is plug into the charger at the same time and see if that works.Hope this link would help: http://bit.ly/2fzcPB3

Regards,

Jess

Motorola Support

Hesprit
Paper Tape
Views: 7,598
Message 8 of 11

Thanks for picking this thread back up, Jess!

I hate to say it, but that link just gave the same instructions I have al ready tried, but in all fairness, I did go through again.  I also tried the same process with the charger plugged in, which I believe I had already done, but wasn't positive, so I tried it.

Same results, the furthest I can get is to the "dead droid" screen with the words "No Command" and I am not able to get any comands or options to open.  I am also able to get to the "status screen" by holding down just the volume down button during the restart which simply states "Device is Locked, Status Code:0, Battery Ok,: and then talks about whether the USB is connected at the time (I've done it both ways) and states that Fastboot was initiated by a key press.

All in all it's very confusing but not very encouraging as it seems the most important thing I need to access is the part I can NOT access.  Any thoughts on that, whether positive or negative, would be appreciate.

Peter

Hesprit
Paper Tape
Views: 7,541
Message 9 of 11

Well, it has been a week since the last response so I am guessing nobody has any further ideals about how to get this to reload

I do have one more question, wondering if there is another way to approach this.  Based on what has been discussed, is it possible the operating sysem has somehow been wiped from the phone?  Would that be why nothing at all works in trying to reset or recover the phone?  If this is the case, or even if it is possibly the case, is there any way to reinstall the operating system?  I have the Motorola Device Manager installed on my computer and have tried running it to see if something would update but after a few minutes of "scanning" is simply tells me "There are no updates for your device at this time.  Current version: N/A"

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,538
Message 10 of 11

@Hesprit wrote:

Well, it has been a week since the last response so I am guessing nobody has any further ideals about how to get this to reload

I do have one more question, wondering if there is another way to approach this.  Based on what has been discussed, is it possible the operating sysem has somehow been wiped from the phone?  Would that be why nothing at all works in trying to reset or recover the phone?  If this is the case, or even if it is possibly the case, is there any way to reinstall the operating system?  I have the Motorola Device Manager installed on my computer and have tried running it to see if something would update but after a few minutes of "scanning" is simply tells me "There are no updates for your device at this time.  Current version: N/A"

Hi Hesprit,

Thanks for following up. The OS can't be wiped out. If you were stuck at No command screen, try to press the power button and the volume down key until you see another option where you will be able to see Factory reset, Android lying down with an exclamation mark could be the same thing as the screen that says No command. If that still didn't work, you may even replace the phone then. I enjoyed this kind of phone, but there is something that we can no longer do if we already exhausted all we know that we can try. See link here, and see if that works.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support