Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCTaylor21
What's DOS?
Views: 343
Message 1 of 3

Droid Razr Maxx - Outlook

I have an issue with the new Ice Cream Sandwich OS. My upgrade pushed out around the beginning of July 2012. After which I noticed that I had over 1,500 contacts on my phone. That was attributed to; in Outlook, if you have multiple contact folders, all of those contacts were syncing with the phone. With Gingerbread OS, you had the option to choose which folders, from Outlook you wanted to display or sync. You no longer have this with ICS. I had to save those contacts to a file, in hopes that someday I could bring them back into Outlook. Deleting these contact folders was the only solution to the problem, which is not really a solution because I'm having to sacrifice functionality on my computer to accommodate my phone.

Yesterday, I got a new computer with the latest Microsoft Office Suite 2010. In Outlook 2010, it has a default folder called “Suggested Contacts” which you can’t delete. It contains email addresses of contacts you communicate with, but don’t have stored as contacts. It allows you to start typing the first couple of letters of their email address or name and then it pre-fills the address in the email message for you. Mine contained nearly 5,000 email addresses. I didn’t want to delete this folder, which I couldn’t anyway, but I could delete all of the contacts within it.  I had no choice but to delete them all. All 5,000 of them were syncing to my phone and I had no control, on the phone, to sync them or not. We used to have the ability to do this with Gingerbread OS. I don’t understand why the developers would eliminate this functionality. You used to be able to choose which folders you wanted to display or sync from your corporate email (exchange). Now you can’t.

Why?????

morr22066
Token Ring
Views: 343
Message 2 of 3

Re: Droid Razr Maxx - Outlook

Have you downloaded the "motorola pim sync for pc" app from the app atore and tried it out?  I believe you also have to download motocast to your pc for it to work.  It is supposed to sync outlook folders but I have not tried it out yet.  The app appears to be for newer moto android phones including the razr so it may solve your problems.

kevinw35
What's DOS?
Views: 338
Message 3 of 3

Re: Droid Razr Maxx - Outlook

I dont know how to use this thing. I have a problem with email from outlook. i use to get messages on my droid maxx like from home depot and could see the pictures, now i have to click on a link and its not what i want helllp. and sorry if im not doin this rite