Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dirtdevil
What's DOS?
Views: 1,949
Message 1 of 10

Error message: android.process.acore has stopped

ok, i recently got a warrenty replacement, NOT REFURB, RAZR. i have re-installed all my apps that i had before...nothing new. i have now factory reset my phone three times in the last 3 weeks. i keep getting an error message.... android.process.acore has stopped...i have looked but have found nothing about this error. has anyone found a fix for this?

dequardo
Token Ring
Message 2 of 10

Re: Error message: android.process.acore has stopped

Afraid you are going to have to FDR your phone (again) and leave it as -is w/o adding any 3rd party apps for as long as it takes to see if the problem goes away.  BTW are your stock or running a custom ROM?

I found many hits by searching this error.  You may want to try this but PLEASE note the effect to your contacts....

Guys, the solution is REALLY simple. android.application.acore is an internal bug formed due to wrong synchronization of the contacts with either Facebook, GMail, etc.

The most commonly experienced problem is that when one opens the dialler or contacts, the phone freezes or completely hangs. The solution is pretty easy:

1) Go to settings

2) Go to Applications

3) Go to Manage Applications

4) Hit the 'All' tab located above. It will show you all the running applications/

5) Now scroll down to contacts, open and hit 'clear data'.

6) The next option itself will be 'Contact storage'. Open and hit 'clear data'

7) WARNING: On clearing data from the 'contacts' and 'contact storage' applications, you will immediately lose all your contacts and your text messages. I suggest you backup using Titanium Backup or other applications first.

8) That's it! Problem solved!

SteveMBtech
Token Ring
Message 3 of 10

As suggested above, that does fix it temporarily but it will return shortly thereafter for most ppl. My gf's phone does this all the time and I have yet to figure out how to fully get rid of it.
dequardo
Token Ring
Message 4 of 10

If it happens on a bone stock device w/o any 3rd party apps running then I say exchange it.  If not, then it has to be an app causing it.  Perhaps the mods can provide more input.  Thanks

Mike

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 10

Has anyone run their device in Safe Mode to rule out 3rd party apps as culprits?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
SteveMBtech
Token Ring
Message 6 of 10

Yes tried yesterday in safe mode and same thing. Actually it seemed a little worse. It pops up constantly almost immediately after you press ok
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 10

If it does it in Safe Mode, then something in the system files is awry.

But this doesn't happen to everyone, so what makes your devices different?

Has anyone mod'd their device in any way or even attempted to mod it?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 10

On the Droid forums, they talked about the problem being caused by a rogue app that, instead of crashing itself, crashes the system.  I also saw posts that said that clearing the contact data would help.  In other posts it said an FDR was the cure.

I don't like recommending an FDR unless I really think nothing else will work, but when the system itself is wonky, I think the only cure, if there is one, is an FDR followed by a couple of cache partition wipes.  If that doesn't work, the phone should be replaced.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 10

Oh, one other thing: this problem is not specific to the Razr; it happens on phones from all manufacturers.

Highlighted
chrisgherr
Paper Tape
Views: 115
Message 10 of 10

In my case an app was causing the problem, which was downloaded from Google Play Store, namely "Telos."

After deleting this app the problem has stopped.