Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LSH
What's DOS?
Views: 12,767
Message 1 of 13

How to display battery percentage in status bar?

I have been trying to display battery percentage on the battery status icon as in the stock app but it was fruitless. What do I have to do to display the battery percentage on the battery status icon? In the case that it couldnt be done, how do I remove the battery status icon(stock) from the status bar while I download and display another battery indicator app from the market? Thanks!

lemongrass1
What's DOS?
Views: 12,718
Message 2 of 13

Re: How to display battery percentage in status bar?

What you have asked cannot be done by conventioanl means.  Both the answer and the explanation of how one could do this is forbidden in this forum.

steven_howard
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 13

to be more precise.  percentage is not shown on most (if any) android phones as the OEM would have to put it there.  it is not in default android.  the forbidden topic is the modification of the device by the user and that is not recommended or endorsed but the OEM.  Use Google to find out how but you find the work is not worth the effort.

JBass
Bit Torrent
Message 4 of 13

twinsfan1313
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 13

I use Battery Circle from the Market, but which ever one you end up using, they just never seem 100% right on.....

lemongrass1
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 13

steven.howard said:

to be more precise.  percentage is not shown on most (if any) android phones as the OEM would have to put it there.  it is not in default android.  the forbidden topic is the modification of the device by the user and that is not recommended or endorsed but the OEM.  Use Google to find out how but you find the work is not worth the effort.

Well, I guess that is certainly a subjective statement as I bet a lot of people feel that the work is well worth the effort.  Not to go too far with this topic but it's not as though it's hard and a mentally challenged monkey could do it to most phones.  Just saying... 

sallyc1
802.11n
Message 7 of 13

JBass said:

Try this app from the adroid market:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.darshancomputing.BatteryIndicator&feature=search_result#?t.....

That's interesting - I purchased Battery Indicator Pro and it would only show in 10% increments on my RAZR.  Did you have to do something special to get it to work?  I finally just uninstalled it and went with Battery Circle which worked fine.

JBass
Bit Torrent
Message 8 of 13

sallyc said:

JBass said:

Try this app from the adroid market:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.darshancomputing.BatteryIndicator&feature=search_result#?t.....

That's interesting - I purchased Battery Indicator Pro and it would only show in 10% increments on my RAZR.  Did you have to do something special to get it to work?  I finally just uninstalled it and went with Battery Circle which worked fine.

You might contact the developer. I haven't used this app. I had heard good things about it. But I don't need this level of accuracy. Laughing

sallyc1
802.11n
Message 9 of 13

I did write up an issue on their wiki project page the end of last year.  It doesn't have any comments or priority assigned to it so far so I don't know if they've looked at it yet.  I just assumed that screen shot was from your phone.  

Thanks for the clarification. 

RypeDub
Paper Tape
Views: 9,989
Message 10 of 13

Drag down your Notification Center, then drag down your controls like Wifi, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, etc.

Once you can see the little gear in the upper right-hand corner: tap AND hold down on it for a few seconds.

Once it starts to spin, then release and you'll get a little notification that says something along the lines of: "System UI Tuner has been added to your settings!".

Scroll all the way down in your settings app, look under About Phone and you'll see the new System UI Tuner option: tap on it.

Once you are on that main screen: toggle/enable the: "Show embedded battery percentage " option and reboot your phone.

This is the OFFICAL way, NO MODIFICATIONS required, BUILT-INTO the system way on how to enable a percentage for the battery charge level in the status bar.

P.S: I HATE when people don't even PM the OP with alternitive solutions and only say "NO YOU CAN'T DO THIS". If you don't know: don't post ANYTHING. If you do know AND it's against the forum ToS: then PM the user, AND DON'T POST ANYTHING. If you wanna try and circumvent these kinds of forums where they have limitations on how much tech support you can provide, then just post a link to a google search, OR just the terms someone would enter into Google, then let them know "it should be the 5th resualt, under the ads". People need help, so help them. Otherwise, don't say anything. An unanswered, 0-reply question is 100% better than 13 replies with YOU CAN NOT DO THIS. Don't be rude. Would you want that same service if YOU needed a question answered? I don't think so. Please apologize to the OP, and OP: please try my method, and if it works: UNMARK your previous solution, and mark my post as the solution.