Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Token Ring
Message 1 of 22 (112 Views)

ICS having issues? Wipe Your Cache!!

I just want to say, many people have issues regarding their applications etc. If you are having issues with your music player, camera, and other aplications...you should do the following: 

**Steps Pulled from ElDudarino42**

Step 1: From a Power off position press and hold the Power, Vol up and Down Key until the bootloader screen comes up

Step 2: Volume down to recovery and than hit Volume up to select

Step 3: When the Android with the the Red Triangle appears push the vol up and down button together

Step 4: Scroll to clear cache partition and push the power button

Step 5: wait for it to clear and than choose reboot once complete by pushing the power button.

It seems to me that the OTA upgrade did not wipe the cache before the install of ICS (Or it didn't do a good job at it). Hopefully this won't become problematic in the long run...people who install custom ROMs tend to have many issues if they dont wipe their cache before install. 

Broadband 3G
Message 2 of 22 (112 Views)

Re: ICS having issues? Wipe Your Cache!!

Agreed - nothing to lose and no data loss. Should also consider just letting it settle a day or so. Power down the phone for 10-15 minutes (just to give yourself a break).

What's DOS?
Message 3 of 22 (112 Views)

If clearing the cache alone doesn't fix my 6 hour RAZR MAXX battery, hopefully a Factory Data Reset will fix it.

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 22 (112 Views)

my phone is so much faster after this... THANK YOU!!!

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 22 (112 Views)

I was having some serious browser hang issues after ICS and a FDR. After this process they are gone. Thanks for the post. Smiley Happy

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 22 (112 Views)

One thing I'm used to doing and have been told since about two years ago, is to clear cache 3 times. Usually in the context of installing a ROM, but would seem to apply here. This along with many other changes has given me 15hrs of battery life. 6hrs after ICS was pushed to now, getting about 15hrs.
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 22 (112 Views)

I'm hopeful that this will solve the issues I've had since upgrading to ICS last weekend.  My battery life hasn't been bad but the phone is generally slow to respond to almost all touches.  I originally suspected that it was an incompatability between Go Launcher EX and ICS but the problem existed even when using the stock launcher.  Thanks for the tip and I'll post back after I have had a chance to clear the cache and play with my phone. 

What's DOS?
Message 8 of 22 (112 Views)

Just tried this. I see a clear improvement in smooth functionality. There is nothing to lose. I think everyone should try this that is having any problems as a really great first step. I went back and did it a a second time and tried the three time cache wipe and it seems even better. Thanks for a really great tip.
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 22 (112 Views)

will this delete any of my files?
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 22 (112 Views)

No, it will not...