Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMB
What's DOS?
Views: 1,471
Message 1 of 22

MotoPrint App is no longer!

Just to save everyone time and headaches trying to figure out why they can no longer printer wirelessly with their Motorola phone is due to the upgrade and Motorola took it away!  I just spoke to a rep from Motorola and they said to use Google Print well that's fine for the trial version but once you use up the free pages you have to pay for it!  Taking an item away that you buy the phone for doesn't seem right!  I guess someone figured out there was more money involved.  Hopefully someone will come up with a free version for us users as myself that would only use it occaisionally.  To take it away after we had it I don't like!

grandsport
Broadband 3G
Message 2 of 22

Re: MotoPrint App is no longer!

What kind of printer are you trying to print to?

SMB
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 22

HP. It worked fine before they removed the app.
livlif2fullest
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 22

HP has their own printer app, download it, it works great. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hp.android.print
grandsport
Broadband 3G
Message 5 of 22

If it is a newer HP, try HP ePrint. Works much better than Motoprint did.

They actually did announce that Motoprint was going to be removed in the Release Notes. I too would have rather they didn't, but......

I honestly believe that Google is removing these apps in an effort to get you to use products their products (e.g., Cloud Print, Google Keep, Google Drive, etc...).

Give HP ePrint a shot if your printer is compatible.

jmuns011
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 22

I've used Google's CloudPrint since it was introduced.  I've not heard of a 'trial version' nor do I know of any limit on the number of pages you can print.  I use it for all my printers at home (HP) and work (Ricoh/Lanier); printing anything, anytime, from my phone or PC.  I'd suggest giving it a try if you haven't yet.

SMB
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 22

I was referring to Google PRInt not Google cloud.
SMB
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 22

null

If it is a newer HP, try HP ePrint. Works much better than Motoprint did.

They actually did announce that Motoprint was going to be removed in the Release Notes. I too would have rather they didn't, but......

I honestly believe that Google is removing these apps in an effort to get you to use products their products (e.g., Cloud Print, Google Keep, Google Drive, etc...).

Give HP ePrint a shot if your printer is compatible.

I have a brand new Hp Printer and yes I downloaded the HP e-print app but can't figure out how to print say an e-mail...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

View original

grandsport
Broadband 3G
Message 9 of 22

Haven't tried that yet. Will look into it and let you know what i find out. Maybe tomorrow before i get back to you though.

SMB
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 22

That's ok I figured it out.  Once you select the printer it shows photos,web, or file.  I opened web and had to type in my e-mail web address and password and then my e-mails came up.  Hit printer and it worked just as before! Very easy actually.  Thanks for wanting to help me though.smiley