Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RandomUser1234
What's DOS?
Views: 1,518
Message 1 of 9

Motorola Droid Razr Maxx--Circles Widget

With the Jelly Bean update, is it possible to include the Motorola Circles Widget that was shown on the HD versions of these phones. Essentially, with this Jelly Bean update, the only differences between this phone and the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD is some of the hardware. Because the widget is in the software, and the fact that these two phones are now on the same operating system, shouldn't us as users be able to use the widget? Is it possible to install it ourselves? Is it something that Motorola can easily do?

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 9

Re: Motorola Droid Razr Maxx--Circles Widget

You cannot install the circle widgets from the HD phones and if it's not natively installed on the firmware update, Motorola will not add it to the phone, but there are similar (but not identical) applications on the Play Store that imitate the HD phones circle widgets.    --- Dan

RandomUser1234
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

null

You cannot install the circle widgets from the HD phones and if it's not natively installed on the firmware update, Motorola will not add it to the phone, but there are similar (but not identical) applications on the Play Store that imitate the HD phones circle widgets.    --- Dan

View original

While this may be true, as you stated they are not the same as the Motorola widget. I actually tried one of these similar widgets, but I wasnot  able to do the features that I wanted to. I want the abilities of the Motorola Circles widget to complete my Jelly Bean experience. I understand that these phones have already become outdated, thus the lack of a Android 4.2 update, but if we cannot get that update I think we should at least be able to get the widget. Do not misunderstand me, I am very grateful for Motorola even pursuing updating our phones, but I can at least hope for a little more, right? On a side note, I did read somewhere that if one manages to find the Motorola M launcher (I think it was this model) and also managed to install it on one's phone, then the widget would run. Though, I am not particularly interested in modifying my phone to that degree in order to use one widget. Who knows what kind of other problems that may create. Alas, unless Motorola has a change of heart, I do not think I will be able to update this phone any further. Thanks for the efforts Motorola.

starcrwzr
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 9

I agree, I'd like to see the Circles widget as well.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 9

null

I agree, I'd like to see the Circles widget as well.

View original

Circle widgets has been axed. There have been a lot of Motorola apps and widgets that were axed. It would be nice to see them offered as a free standing app on the Play Store though. I would like to have the Circle Widget on my wife's Razr. It is a very elegant widget. I really enjoy it.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Rancee4
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 9

My wife has the circles widget on her Razr M and I like the features it has, the Play Store widgets lack the same options or features as the Motorola Circles Widget. They are close but not the real deal. It should have been a simple add or free option but it appears they do not feel that customer experience is key to continued purchases of their devices. I am not overly impressed with the JB update yet, it feels pieced together and not an upgrade but just a patch.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 7 of 9

null

My wife has the circles widget on her Razr M and I like the features it has, the Play Store widgets lack the same options or features as the Motorola Circles Widget. They are close but not the real deal. It should have been a simple add or free option but it appears they do not feel that customer experience is key to continued purchases of their devices. I am not overly impressed with the JB update yet, it feels pieced together and not an upgrade but just a patch.

View original

Thank you for the feedback.  Typically Motorola provides some performance enhancements with any update, additionally, the highlights of what can be experienced with Jelly Bean are:

• Google Now – We could all use a good planner to keep track of our busy lives. With Google Now you get notifications generated automatically and in real-time even before you ask. Now your DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX  can deliver sports scores, stock updates, weather reports and traffic updates so you have all the information you want even before you’ve had your morning coffee.

• Expanded Notifications – You should be able to call or text someone back right from your missed call notification. With Android™ 4.1 Jelly Bean you have the ability to do that and more. When you get a reminder about a meeting you can either tap once to snooze or even email participants to say you’re running late.

• Voice Search – Ask a question and get back the answer you’re looking for, ranging from “When is the next bus?” to “Where can I find a great Mexican restaurant?” You’ll either get a spoken response back or search results that answer your query.

--- Dan

Taha_Sheikh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,340
Message 8 of 9

hi sir how are you now iam trying to unlock my bootloder but is not unlock error is:  your device does not qualify for bootloader. my mobile is motorola droid maxx xt1080 whats is the problem why iam not unlock my bootloder iam waiting for you answer thanks

Taha_Sheikh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,339
Message 9 of 9

how to unlock motorola droid maxx xt1080 bootloder anyone help me

hi sir how are you now iam trying to unlock my bootloder but is not unlock error is:  your device does not qualify for bootloader. my mobile is motorola droid maxx xt1080 whats is the problem why iam not unlock my bootloder iam waiting for you answer thanks