Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heracles
What's DOS?
Views: 863
Message 1 of 4

RAZR XT910 slow down

I have the RAZR XT910 which was quite fast when I bought it several years ago. After several updates, it moved to Android 4.1.2 a couple of years ago. Ever since then it has become so slow that some apps that loaded in a few seconds now take up to 3 minutes to load. I know it's an old phone, but it is nicely built.

I have cleared the cache and even reset it to factory defaults. Other than having to reload my apps I have gained nothing. 

Has anyone had and solved this problem? Motorola doesn't seem interested.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 836
Message 2 of 4

Re: RAZR XT910 slow down

Your provider my be able to help.

Sometimes different third party Apps conflict with updates causing issues.

Heracles
What's DOS?
Views: 836
Message 3 of 4

Thought that might be the answer, but I took the easy way out and bought a Moto G third gen. All works well on this so far.

flyfisherholms
What's DOS?
Views: 806
Message 4 of 4

Mine is an XT912 Again I know its an older phone but seriously, it has slowed down to an agrivating pace.

I ditched verizon a few years back so I have just been using it as a tablet since Jan 2014. The last year or so it has bogged down for no good reason. I only have a handful of apps (that I really never use) and I even did a factory reset a few months ago. Nothing seems to help.                                                                                                                                                                                 I suspect that Motorola and Verizon have engineered planned obsolecence into this phone in the form of degrading memory. If this is not so please give me a way to make my Moto Razr usable again. I only want to use it as a mini tablet/e-reader/wifi device but that is currently not possible.