Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable
Views: 12,877
Message 1 of 19

SD Card:Checking For Errors

When I put my sd card in my phone it comes up but says checking for errors in the notfication tray and never goes away. it never shows up in the phone storage i did a factory reset and everything still didnt work but i put my sd card in my gfs phone and it worked and i was able to transfer all my files to my computer. Could anyone give me some help to how i can fix this problem i need my sd card for storage.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 12,799
Message 2 of 19

Re: SD Card:Checking For Errors

If you have all the files saved on a computer than try unmounting the SD card while it is in your phone and then formatting it. This should, hopefully, solve your problem. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Not applicable
Message 3 of 19

I tried that but when i go to storage the sd card doesnt show up and the mount sd card is grayed out.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 19

Are you sure the SD card is clicking in all the way?  Could there be dust or something else in the card slot that's preventing proper contact?

Not applicable
Message 5 of 19

No i made sure its in cause when i put it in it pops up saying checking for erros and it makes the click sound when its in

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 19

Azzair113 said:

No i made sure its in cause when i put it in it pops up saying checking for erros and it makes the click sound when its in

View original

It really sounds like that it isn't fully seated. Try using a paperclip end and pushing on the edge of the SD card. It just seems really strange that it works in a different phone.

How about trying a different SD card. Can you borrow someone's SD card and put it in the phone and see what happens. This should narrow down what is going on. We need to start eliminating possible causes of this. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 19

I'm with you, @joelbon.  Or else, there's something in the slot, or the slot is busted, which we'll find out when the OP tries another SD card.  Let's see what happens...

SteveMBtech
Token Ring
Message 8 of 19

I had the same problem and formatting the card fixed it. It said it couldn't read the card and kept saying scanning for errors and acting like the card was either bad or not installed fully. But after formatting it all was good
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 19

But back towards the top the OP said he formatted the card in the phone already...
SteveMBtech
Token Ring
Message 10 of 19

Maybe I read it wrong. It sounded like he tried to format it but wasn't able to die to being unable to access the card. So i was saying my card was also unable to be accesses until I found a way to format it