Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 11 (60 Views)

Speaker Problems

So I have the Razr Maxx and an having problems whith the "speaker" while calling people.....For instance when it begins to dial it is high pitched and has alot of static sound to it....

Is it possible one of the speakers is blown or not working properly? Because when I hit the speaker button it works perfectly and you can actually hear the person...

Thanks!

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 11 (60 Views)

Re: Speaker Problems

Would you please check to see if HAC Mode has been enabled on your device?

• menu>>>settings>>>call settings, HAC Mode settings (you will want to make sure it is disabled)

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions.
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 11 (60 Views)

HAC Mode is currently off.....Do you know of anything else that would cause that to happen?

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 11 (60 Views)

dombroski661 said:

HAC Mode is currently off.....Do you know of anything else that would cause that to happen?

That is good.

So you are saying that when you dial, and put the phone to your ear, the ear speaker gives off a high pitched sound and you hear a lot of static as well, right?  Does the ear speaker give off this noise when you answer a call?  Can you tell if the noise occurs only when the device is next to your head?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions.
Broadband 3G
Message 5 of 11 (60 Views)

That almost sounds like feed back of somekind. As @eaccensts asked, does it just happen when held against your head, or all the time no matter where the phone is located. Try calling out as you describe, but hold away from your ear in incremental distances to see if it stops doing that or has any kind of affect (less, more, same).

Just a guess - but anything is worh a try

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 11 (60 Views)

eaccents said:

dombroski661 said:

That is good.

So you are saying that when you dial, and put the phone to your ear, the ear speaker gives off a high pitched sound and you hear a lot of static as well, right?  Does the ear speaker give off this noise when you answer a call?  Can you tell if the noise occurs only when the device is next to your head?

Yes, that is correct.....and yes, it does the same thing when I answer a call....and when I move it away it it gets slightly better (but not alot)

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 11 (60 Views)

Do you have in-pocket detection (display settings) enabled?  If so, let's try disabling that.

Also, do you have a hearing aid?  Do you wear any metal jewelry?  Just looking for reasons why holding it closer to you would cause this....

Last, has your phone always behaved like this or did it just start recently?

What's DOS?
Message 8 of 11 (60 Views)

In-Pocket Detection is off.......No hearing aid, or metal jewelry....It started about a week ago.....On my way home from work I stopped by Verizon and they couldnt figure it out either...

Verizon said they would replace it becaus eit is still under warranty but I dont't know if I want a Refurbished Phone

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 11 (60 Views)

dombroski661 said:

In-Pocket Detection is off.......No hearing aid, or metal jewelry....It started about a week ago.....On my way home from work I stopped by Verizon and they couldnt figure it out either...

Verizon said they would replace it becaus eit is still under warranty but I dont't know if I want a Refurbished Phone

A week ago....did you add any new apps at or around that time?

Before you turn your phone in for a refurb, let's try your phone in Safe Mode to see if maybe one of the apps may be causing this (Safe Mode = 3rd party apps do not load)

To start the phone in Safe mode just follow these steps:

1. Power the phone down.

2. Press and release the power button.

3. When you see the Motorola Dual Core screen simultaneously press the up/down volume keys.

4. When you want to exit Safe mode just reboot the phone.

What's DOS?
Message 10 of 11 (60 Views)

Still the same.......Another family menmber Has the Razr Maxx as well and it sounds way better.......so I probably have a bad "ear speaker"?