Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kazulk
What's DOS?
Views: 179
Message 1 of 18

boot loop

so my phone is boot looping, no idea why. I was just sitting watching tv and then I noticed it boot looping. I've tried safe mod and it still did it. I tried to clear cache through recovery and I can't get the stupid menu to select recovery.  I'm starting to get angry with this because I have to work in a few hours and I need my phone for work. Anyone got any ideas on how to get this to stop.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 18

Re: boot loop

Did you try a Hard reset? Power button and volume down for 10 seconds.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 18

Does the simulated battery pull work?  power button + vol down button for 10+ seconds

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
kazulk
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 18

i have done both many times

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 18

If what those two said doesn't work, try removing the memory card and trying again.

CarlosRiley
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 18

No personal experience, but have you seen this?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/204231-stuck-boot-loop.html

kazulk
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 18

I finaly got it to go into recovery and i wiped cache i will try the memory card next, then attempt the droid-life suggestion as a last ditch effort if no one else has any other ideas

btw i am completely stock, no root

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 18

If you can get into recovery, why don't you just do a wipe data?

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

kazulk
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 18

thats basicly what that droidlife link says to do, id prefer not to lose stuff on the phone if it is avoidable

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 10 of 18

You won't lose anything on the SD card or internal memory. Those shouldn't be formatted. You really only lose your set up. It can be a pain to set things back up, but you should have a working phone. Hope this helps.