Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kazulk
What's DOS?
Views: 53
Message 11 of 18

Re: boot loop

ya looks like im gonna end up doing that, it just booted up fully, but its done it once before and just rebooted itself a couple minutes after it got fully booted so if it does it I will try a reset

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 12 of 18

Yeah, something seems to be corrupted. A reset would be your best bet.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

kazulk
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 18

ya, id like to know what the heck caused it, this was pretty random

DroidGeek69
Fanfold Paper
Message 13 of 18

This usually happens when you have too many apps. I have around 200 to 250 when it would start doing that.  I have 4 new phones before I figured out what was causing it.  If you wipe the phone don't put all the apps back on.  Just put them on as you need them. I am hoping this is fixed in ICS but who knows.

The wipe is the only solution that works because you can't get in long enough to unistall apps to go below the threshold.

kazulk
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 18

i have less than 100 on it right now, i save my tablet for the massive amount of apps and games, Ive noticed that android pre 4.0 gets realy slowed down by massive amounts of apps being installed. My tablet has 4.0 and it has no problem with 300+ apps. but as an update, my phone still hasnt rebooted yet since it last successfuly booted so i think i'm making progress. How long does a factory reset usualy take so I know how much time to expect if I have to do it

DroidGeek69
Fanfold Paper
Message 16 of 18

I think it takes less than 15 Minutes but then you have to reset up your phone from scratch.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 17 of 18

The reset itself will take less than 10 minutes. Setting things back up is the long part. Like installing apps and setting up your homescreen.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

kazulk
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 18

ya I know, contacts doesnt take too long to load from google. I just need to be able to make calls and txts for work which I have to be at in about an hour and a half

also so far no reboot, I think it is fine now. thanks for all the suggestions and quick responses guys.