cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luifer
What's DOS?
Views: 1,656
Message 1 of 13

how to restore delete files from my sd card...

how to restore delete files from my sd card... i forgot make copy of some files i data reset my maxx for clear some issues after the update..... someone can help me.... please
MPRAZR
Token Ring
Message 2 of 13

Re: how to restore delete files from my sd card...

I think there is no way to get back the deleted files, if you dont have a copy of it! 

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 3 of 13

There are some file recovery apps that eagle328 has suggested that have helped me recover deleted files from my sd card. Might want to ask him.

Mark
Support Forums Manager 

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 13

1.  Have you added any information to the SD card since you deleted the files you want back?

2.  Do you have an SD card reader on your computer?

If the answer to the first question is no (you have NOT added any information to the card), and if the answer to the second question is yes, then there's a good chance you can restore the files, but you'll need a file recovery application to do it.

When you delete a file, you're telling the system to mark the space on the storage media as available for new files...it doesn't actually remove the old data.  However, when you add new files, it overwrites the data from the old files.  So, if you have not yet added anything new, there's a good chance that a decent file recovery utility can restore them.

To do that, you'll need an SD card reader on your computer that has an adapter for the micro size in the phone.  If your computer did not come equipped with one, they're fairly inexpensive to buy.

Next, you'll need a file recovery utility.  You can try searching the Download section of sites like CNET.  Read the Editor reviews and the User reviews (they don't always agree).  You'll find free/evaluation versions of software that may find the data but not recover it until you pay; bare bones software versions that may or may not do what you need done...

Unfortunately, I've never used software like this, so I can't make a recommendation.  Just be sure the one you finally decide upon (if you go this route) can scan more than just the computer's hard drive.

luifer
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 13

Thank u guys for you help..... im gonna try to do it hopefully work....... i just install mi app from the google market do you think that's is gonna give me any trouble with the recovery...
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 13

Not unless you installed it to your SD card.  

Apaulct
802.11n
Message 7 of 13

^^^ or told it to reformat the SD card during data reset.

--------
-Allen
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 13

Apaulct said:

^^^ or told it to reformat the SD card during data reset.

You gotta think happy thoughts!

Now, click your heels together three times and say, "the data is still there; the data is still there; the data is still there."

Oh, to the OP:  If all you do is hook the phone up to your computer, you'll be able to back up your files.  I prefer something automatic like a backup program, but whatever choice you make, stick to it and you'll be fine.

Smile

MPRAZR
Token Ring
Message 9 of 13

UndeletedPlus software might work for you!

1. Download Undelete Plus from Snapfiles.

2. Extract and run Undelete Plus. Choose the drive letter for your SD card and click "Start Scan."

3. Select the deleted files you wish to restore from the SD card and click "Start Undelete."

4.Close Undelete Plus and navigate to My Computer to open up the SD card drive letter folder.

5. Verify that the deleted files have been recovered.

Tips & Warning 

• After accidentally deleting files from a memory card, do not attempt to copy additional files onto the card before attempting file recovery as this will overwrite the files and make them much more difficult if not impossible to recover.

luifer
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 13

Thanks guys for read my post and give me those options...