Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahoffmann
What's DOS?
Views: 117
Message 1 of 4

unlock screen problem

Finally got my brother to ditch his BB (he's only had it 6 years) and he got a Razr but his unlock screen won't allow him to turn off a pin. The pattern/"none" are grayed out and below each it says "disabled by remote phone administrator." Haven't ever seen this and didn't know that was possible.thanks for the help it figures he would get the one in a million with a weird problem.
CarlosRiley
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: unlock screen problem

Is his setup for corporate sync?  Depending on how that's setup, as I understand it, then his company can enforce certain conditions on the phone (and remotely wipe it, etc).  I believe McAfee EMM is one of the apps that some corporations can require to allow BYOD phones access to their network, and I do believe it can give this ability.

nfkoopmann
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

His best bet, especially if he just got the device is to try a hard reset - settings>privacy>factory data reset - he should make sure his contacts have been google synced or backed up to his sd card first.

i've never seen that issue and i troubleshoot razrs everyday.

EDIT: If it is a corporate device that's a whole different ballgame.

Ortiez
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

I use coroporate sync with my email and it is a requirement that the pin be entered by the company i work for creating the same result your brother is experiencing. If he does not have corporate sync then it could be an entirely diffremt issue.