Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 24 (20 Views)

who have problems with the phone rebooting itself?

I was downloading an app when my phone just automatically froze and none of my buttons work and when I tried to turn the screen off or power it off it wouldnt. so i let it stay glitched and didnt mess with it when my phone automatically turned off and rebooted itself

What's DOS?
Message 2 of 24 (20 Views)

Re: who have problems with the phone rebooting itself?

i've only had my maxx freeze and reboot a couple times, but then again, i've only had it since may 14. given enough time, i'm sure i will see it again. it used to happen on a fairly regular basis with my droid X

What's DOS?
Message 3 of 24 (20 Views)

Yes, I have had this issue happen as well.  This use to happen with my Bionic a couple times a week, once I moved from the Bionic to my Razr it does not happen as much.  I have put a couple apps to monitor my Ram / processer.  I have noticed that my reboots occur when they are peaked, which is when using the LapDock for an extended period of time.  A fix that worked for me was to make sure I rebooted my phone every Sunday (or once a week) to clear out the phones memory.  I rarely have an issue if I preform the weekly reboot.

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 24 (20 Views)

None yet.  Had my device since March.

I reboot every day for 5-10 minutes, and I only download reputable apps.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions.
Broadband 3G
Message 5 of 24 (20 Views)

eaccents said:

None yet.  Had my device since March.

I reboot every day for 5-10 minutes, and I only download reputable apps.

Same here - every day. Plus other weekly routine maintenance (wipe data cache, etc...). Never a reboot unless I initiated it.

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 24 (20 Views)

My phone just started doing the same thing.  It started rebooting itself while updating apps. I did a clear system cache today. I hope it fixes the problem before I download ICS.

What's DOS?
Message 7 of 24 (20 Views)

I used to have reboot problems which went away after I ditched the Otterbox case... back of the phone felt very hot when using thre case. If you're not using a case you might want to do a factory reset. Painfull but might work. Could try removing whatever app using the most memory or if you have another task manage running beside the stock one; remove it... may be killing essential processes. My two cents.

What's DOS?
Message 8 of 24 (20 Views)

I also have an Otterbox case.  Do you think the phone is over-heating from the case?

What's DOS?
Message 9 of 24 (20 Views)

Never had this phone to reboot. I had this problem several times a day with both the Thunderbird and the Revolution. That is why I changed phones along with the great impovement in battery life.

What's DOS?
Message 10 of 24 (20 Views)

johnleb said:

I also have an Otterbox case.  Do you think the phone is over-heating from the case?

Yes. It solved my reboots until after one of the OTA updates started random reboots again, fixed by factory reset.