Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davy49
Punch Card
Views: 1,265
Message 1 of 9

Battery Charger Question / Software Question

Hi,

I recently purchased one of these phones on ebay, appearence wise.. it's in like new condition, but like other user's here in this forum, my battery/charging level appears to function somewhat strange. My phone did come with a warranty ( thank goodness ), I've already approached the seller of my phone concerning my battery/charging issue. So far the seller has been positive about my concern, I've been told that they will send me another phone or refund my purchase amount.I'm wondering if my issue MIGHT be caused from the charger I received with my phone..it's not a motorola branded charger, here's the info. about my charger:

ZTE-Travel Charger

I.T.E. Power Supply

Model: STC-A51A-Z

Input: 100-240 V AC 50/60 Hz 250 Ma

Output: 5.0 V DC 1000 Ma

My issue is..I really don't know what the factory charger specifications are supposed to be, does anyone in here know ?? Also, while I'm thinking about it, this phone is labeled as a 'factory unlocked' phone, but when it boots up it shows the Verizon logo, as well as there are references to verizon in other area's of the phone, I bought this phone to use on the cricket wireless network, thanks for any help that might be given.

David

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,223
Message 2 of 9

Re: Battery Charger Question / Software Question

Hi Davy49,

Thanks for reaching out. These are my answers to your questions:

My issue is..I really don't know what the factory charger specifications are supposed to be, does anyone in here know ?? 

- It should be turbopowerTM 15 (original charger). This may depend on where you purchase it.

-It also supports PMA and Qi wireless charging

Also, while I'm thinking about it, this phone is labeled as a 'factory unlocked' phone, but when it boots up it shows the Verizon logo, as well as there are references to verizon in other area's of the phone, I bought this phone to use on the cricket wireless network, thanks for any help that might be given.

- The description is probably from where you bought it from so you might want to check it with them. Comparing to our website we specifically said it is only on Verizon.  Another reference: View carrier compatibility chart

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Davy49
Punch Card
Views: 1,211
Message 3 of 9

Hi Daisy,

What a pretty name..first of all, thanks so much for your reply..I ordered this charger on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01884O0XW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , of course it does seem to charge the battery properly..it even indicates that it's in the 'turbo mode' . But my phones battery HAS to be defective, because it looses a charge so quicky..now I'm really frustrated with my phone due to the battery issue..we are supposed to enjoy using our phones instead of always having to be concerned how long we can actually use it until we have to charge it again. Upon reading post's here in the forum, it seems like quite a few other owner's of this phone have the EXACT same issue..and further more, I see user's complaining that lenovo/motorola is aware of this problem and refuses to offer customer's a solution.

David

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,191
Message 4 of 9

@Davy49wrote:

Hi Daisy,

What a pretty name..first of all, thanks so much for your reply..I ordered this charger on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01884O0XW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , of course it does seem to charge the battery properly..it even indicates that it's in the 'turbo mode' . But my phones battery HAS to be defective, because it looses a charge so quicky..now I'm really frustrated with my phone due to the battery issue..we are supposed to enjoy using our phones instead of always having to be concerned how long we can actually use it until we have to charge it again. Upon reading post's here in the forum, it seems like quite a few other owner's of this phone have the EXACT same issue..and further more, I see user's complaining that lenovo/motorola is aware of this problem and refuses to offer customer's a solution.

David

@Davy49wrote:

Hi Daisy,

David

I understand if it's making you frustrated however actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, the age of the battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, voice, data, and other application usage patterns. Check this tips to extend battery life link if it helps.

-Daisy

Davy49
Punch Card
Views: 1,170
Message 5 of 9

Hi Daisy,
After discussing this matter again with the seller I purchased the phone from, they agreed to give me a refund & also pay for return shipping. Thanks again for your reply.
David
leahshuck
What's DOS?
Views: 89
Message 6 of 9

Hi Daisy, I recently switched back to this phone after using a different one for about a year and the battery drains SO fast! I charged it to 100% and in about 6 hours (while i was sleeping) it went down to 62%...not even using the phone! Today I disabled and/or force-stopped all apps I didn't need running and that did not help. I actually did a factory reset today as well. Again, not helping. The battery went from 35% to 17% in 40 minutes! There is a store in a local shopping plaza called UbreakIfix that said they can order and replace the battery for $79.99 but my boyfriend said that regardless of the age of the battery, the processor can't handles the new software on the phone because it is old. Is that true? Is the battery worth replacing? I just think it's ridiculous to expect people to buy outrageuously expensive technology every 2 years because nothing can be fixed anymore. 

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Leah

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 81
Message 7 of 9

I have a Droid Turbo 2 as my work paid for phone.  I paid Moto for a refurbished phone, since my Turbo 2 was in rough shape after years of use.  With a new battery it runs just fine.  You could iverload just about any phone by going crazy with apps.  Buy with a reasonable group of apps, my Turbo 2 works really good with the new battery.  If you really like the phone, that may be a decent repair

~Scott
leahshuck
What's DOS?
Views: 76
Message 8 of 9

Hi Scott, 

Thanks for your response. I only downloaded 38 apps. So with everything that came on the phone, that puts me at 101 apps total. Is that a lot? I mean I definetly know people with more. 

Also, I did call Motorola today and she basically said that I already did all of the things they recommend and that because they don't manufacture the phone anymore, they cannot replace. So she did advise me to go to a local repair shop. I will try that (getting the new battery from the repair shop). I mean I would definetly prefer to just fix it rather than buy a whole new phone but I think it is absolutely ridiculous that Motorola KNOWS there are big problems with this phone and they still basically just say, too bad...

Also the whole reason why I stopped using this phone a year ago (aside from the failing battery performance) is because my audio would randomly cut out and I couldn't make phone calls. Of course this was the week before I left for Austria by myself so I didn't have time to deal with it then and when Verizon couldn't fix it, I just had to break down and get a new phone. I just hope after I get the battery replaced, the audio issues don't start up again. That would be my luck!

Leah

Highlighted
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 67
Message 9 of 9

I would think it can handle that many apps, with a new battery.  Hopefully the factory reset resolved the audio issue.  Best of luck!

~Scott