Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID TURBO 2 by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

01-12-2017

United States of America

8 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 1 of 6

Battery Discharge Flatlines/Phone Shuts off with "battery life"

2017-01-14, 13:31 PM

Hello,

I am having an issue with my Droid Turbo 2. For the past week now, my phone's battery stops showing a discharge status. Looking at the battery usage screen, it shows a flat line at a certain percentage, giving the illusion that the phone has power, but then it suddenly shuts off without warning because the battery has actually drained. The first couple of times my phone shut off without warning, I had 30-40% battery, sometimes 20. Now I know to keep an eye on it and check in these low percentages to see if the battery may have flatlined. A reboot seems to "update" the battery life status and will show discharge again, but can flatline after this as well. (See screenshot)

I have wiped my cache partition a couple of times and there is no change. I have booted in safe mode, and also no change. My current OS is 6.0.1 and the last update was November 4th, 2016. I have seen others do factory data reset and reported no change either.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Battery Discharge Flatlines/Phone Shuts off with "battery life"

2017-01-14, 14:20 PM

wrote:

Hello,

I am having an issue with my Droid Turbo 2. For the past week now, my phone's battery stops showing a discharge status. Looking at the battery usage screen, it shows a flat line at a certain percentage, giving the illusion that the phone has power, but then it suddenly shuts off without warning because the battery has actually drained. The first couple of times my phone shut off without warning, I had 30-40% battery, sometimes 20. Now I know to keep an eye on it and check in these low percentages to see if the battery may have flatlined. A reboot seems to "update" the battery life status and will show discharge again, but can flatline after this as well. (See screenshot)

I have wiped my cache partition a couple of times and there is no change. I have booted in safe mode, and also no change. My current OS is 6.0.1 and the last update was November 4th, 2016. I have seen others do factory data reset and reported no change either.

The flatline in your screenshot could be your phone going into doze mode and unrelated. It is not completely flat, and my 6.x and 7.x phones do this when inactive and motionless for long periods. 

If there is a thread with others reporting the same problem, you should post in that or reference I would still recommend a resetand run without any apps - zero installed or restored.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

5 Posts

01-12-2017

United States of America

8 Signins

86 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2017-01-14, 14:36 PM

The problem is, I am always actively using my phone. That large period of time in the flat line area is a false reading because I was using the phone and should have showed a steeper decline. The other forum I saw was about someone's phone shutting off with 60% battery life left, but I think their issue is different than this one. This one seems to be the battery not providing accurate charge level readings and gives me the false sense that the phone has life left.

Options

37 Posts

01-10-2014

United States of America

837 Signins

10884 Page Views

• Views: 10884
  • Message 4 of 6

2017-01-14, 17:12 PM
Have you tried to reset the battery tables ? Holding the power button untill phone shuts down and re-starts then charging to 100%.
Options

5 Posts

01-12-2017

United States of America

8 Signins

86 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2017-01-16, 1:48 AM

I did this last night and tested it out today. This seems to have fixed the problem for now. Thank you for the tip.

Options

37 Posts

01-10-2014

United States of America

837 Signins

10884 Page Views

• Views: 10884
  • Message 6 of 6

2017-01-16, 1:57 AM
Glad I could help. I do that about once a month or so . Seems to keep the battery meter accurate.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms