Message 1 of 25

Droid Turbo 2 Class Action time...

Highlighted
dahobbs
Serial Port
Views: 7,324
Message 2 of 25

Re: Droid Turbo 2 Class Action time...

With all of the ongoing issues many many Droid Turbo 2 owners are continuing to endure with no working solution I believe it's time to band together and get something Done.

The Droid Turbo 2 owners purchase a Flagship phone for a reason. Not to have continuous issues, over heating, random rebooting, poor battery life, intermittent freezing, so reaction, flaky wifi, random reboots, random no ringing sound, no sound, no alarm sound, inability to answer a call when pressing Answer, screen freezing, various bluetooth issues, locked bootloader and just overall lack of usability, reliability and enjoyability.

Crapware that can Not be disabled or uninstalled due to a locked bootloader!

Poor to no support from Verizon (wipe and reset device) or Purchase a NEW flagship device!

Even less support from Motorola (wipe device to fix it) or ignore and pretend the owner is the Only one having the issue or just completely ignore the issue, which neither does Not solve the problem. And the owner continues to suffer and deal with the issues.

The new software update test for Nougot (v7.0) from Motorola was a Total joke as well. Just as soon as testers began posting issues, the forum was closed and emails sent saying thank you and that you now have the latest software version!

In many cases such as mine it made my Turbo 2 even more unusable.

The endless run around from Verizon and Motorola about unlocking the bootloader. I.E. Verizon says they are Not preventing Motorola from unlocking the bootloader of my purchased Turbo 2 and Motorola saying that Verizon IS preventing them from unlocking the Turbo 2 bootloader!

It's time to file!
Suggestions?!?!?
tmana
Serial Port
Views: 7,291
Message 3 of 25

If I'd had reason to action Motorola, it would have been over my previous phone, the Droid MAXX (aka Droid Ultra, Droid Ultra MAXX): they had promised us Lollipop within a few months of my purchase; two years later, they had not given us Lollipop and didn't even offer Marshmallow as compensation.

The few issues I've been having (not wanting to charge in the summer heat, currently running hotter with faster battery drop-off than usual) are easily understood by the age of my device (about 1.5 years). While I'm not running out to replace my device, I'm very interested in the Z Force with the projector mod, because in addition to long bike rides that need a battery that can manage heavy GPS use, I have a number of opportunities in which I could really use the ability to project either my screen itself or a PowerPoint presentation in order to casually share information with small groups at one time.

Mon73
Token Ring
Views: 7,272
Message 4 of 25

@tmana wrote:

If I'd had reason to action Motorola, it would have been over my previous phone, the Droid MAXX (aka Droid Ultra, Droid Ultra MAXX): they had promised us Lollipop within a few months of my purchase; two years later, they had not given us Lollipop and didn't even offer Marshmallow as compensation.

The few issues I've been having (not wanting to charge in the summer heat, currently running hotter with faster battery drop-off than usual) are easily understood by the age of my device (about 1.5 years). While I'm not running out to replace my device, I'm very interested in the Z Force with the projector mod, because in addition to long bike rides that need a battery that can manage heavy GPS use, I have a number of opportunities in which I could really use the ability to project either my screen itself or a PowerPoint presentation in order to casually share information with small groups at one time.

I agree. That was ridiculous what they did to us with the MAXX. But, I again got sucked in with the T2...I guess I'm just a sucker. I've actually had very few issues with my second device which I had to use my design refresh to get. There was no stock at the time for RMAs and I would have been forced to send my phone in for repair. Anyway, that was nearly 2 years ago and I haven't had one hardware issue since. I can't speak for the charging issues as I mostly wirelessly charge and haven't really beat up on the USB port. Also, the latest Nougat update has really improved things on the software side of things from the initial release. 

I'm also considering a Z2 Force or Play. I heard some T2 users are even getting a Z2 Force with their design refresh. Must be nice!!! I recently test drove a Pixel XL and let me tell ya...we are spoiled with Active Display. Google's implementation of an active display on these "nexus" devices is horrible...almost laughable compared to Motorola's. You literally have to tap 4 times to display your notifications. WTH??? You could also lift the phone but that didn't work consistently. I also didn't like the build quality (cheap glass on back of phone), dumb speaker location on bottom edge and several other issues. So, the grass is NOT always greener on the other side. Now, I just need to wait on a great deal for a Z2... 

Parcsyde
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,114
Message 5 of 25

I am totally behind supporting a Class Action against Motorola\Lenovo to get these issues addressed with cell phone companies. I too have a Droid Turbo 2, purchased brand new from Verizon just 14 months ago....yeah you guessed it....2 months after my default 1yr warrenty ended! So now I have a device that constantly reboots. Just four days ago as it was sitting on my desk at work it rebooted...no reason, just did it on its own...then, it wouldn't stop....now its a Paper Weight after only 14 months of use. Now as you would expect, Verizon won't do anything because I never purchased the "extended warrenty" for the device....but why should the HW even think of having issues within the first 24 months of its life span...thats just rediculus, right?! Well I can find any way of contacting Motorola, so now Verizon says I can either pay $150 to get it replaced, or I can pay off the remaining balance of the phone ($260) and get something else. Now when you think about it, the $150 is basically what I would have had to spend to get the extended warrenty thru Verizon ($130) so that seems like the proper course of action right? NO ITS NOT! The proper course of action is to have Motorola take action and make their Hardware last at least 24 months and then an 'extended warrenty' would kick in, otherwise if something HW related fails on the phone within the first two years then REPLACE IT FOR FREE! I am in total support of a Class Action againt any company that sells a product for over $650 and it only last 14 months. I guess you could also blame the federal trade commission who's "principal mission is the promotion of consumer protection" is allowing this behavior to continue with Smart Phone manufacturers.

What I am currently using is a 6 year old Droid Razr that I held onto becuase I keep my phones prestine and I wasn't going to get anything for trading it in...I was actually planning on sending it oversees to help out our Troops but never found a way to do that. So I am not sure who's going to win this battle, me for not giving into the 'money grab scheme" from Verizon\Motorola or Verizon\Motorola because I am using older HW technolgy that is not worth the effort and still have to continue to pay off my currently dead phone.

So lets all rise up and demand Action by someone that will correct this behavior and start forcing better practices which would also drive better competition. If we, the Smart Phone buyers all decided that we had enough, and would only purchase dumb flip phones (which mysteriously last for 10+ years) then we would see manufacturers really start to listen I believe....or we just throw a Class Action at them (any lawyers out there wanting to take this on) and force the issue\concern even faster!

Sincerely,

Doug Palmer

Hardware\Software Quality & Testing Professional with over 20+ years across the Industry

way2aware
What's DOS?
Views: 7,023
Message 6 of 25

I too am with you on this. At the bare minimum, Verizon/Motorola needs to provide those of us who have purchased their phones, paying good money, bootloader unlock codes like Motorola does with their other carrier branded phones. Withholding it from us like this is totally unreasonable

dahobbs
Serial Port
Views: 6,697
Message 7 of 25

*************  UPDATE!  *************

If you are a Verizon Wireless customer with a Turbo 2 that had/has issues that your told don't exist by Moto & VZW, Call 611 at prompt say CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Tell them you are FED UP and want the Turbo 2 REPLACED since Verizon nor Motorola will solve the issues and you Tired of Wiping your phone.

Verizon is now finally kinda ADMITTING the Turbo 2 has issues and will replace it with a New boxed Moto Z Force!! ((NOT a Z2)).

I just got mine last Friday and I sadly shipped my Turbo 2 back. I loved the Turbo 2 as many issues could have been resolved by Moto or by Unlock the bootloader and let the user install a working ROM and tweaks.

Hope this helps

SglGrma
Token Ring
Views: 6,685
Message 8 of 25

Lmao! I just got my hand slapped lol 

I wasn't yelling .. I was screaming it from the roof tops! But just for you Moderators.... I will change the case lettering... 

Not Good Enough!!!!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 6,682
Message 9 of 25

@SglGrma wrote:

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Please don't type in all caps; it's considered shouting.  

Please see our Moto Owners' Forum Site Rules for more information.

davegoblue
Paper Tape
Views: 6,651
Message 10 of 25

Is this for real??  What exactly did you say to Verizon, and how did they respond?  I already had to return my Turbo 2 twice last year because of Bluetooth problems, and while that is no longer an issue, since the Nougat 7.0 update last spring, I am having all the other problems that people are having: i.e. EXTREME lagging, battery drains in just a few hours, etc.  This phone went from being a total gem to being a complete piece of crap overnight with the Nougat upgrade (and yes, I did the factory reset and the cache partition wipe more than once), and I've been hoping it would be upgraded to Nougat 7.1.1 or 7.1.2 and that that would solve these problems, but there's been no additional upgrades and no news or information as to if/when that is planned.  I HATE this phone and feel completely ripped off.

So, would you mind sharing specifics about what you told them, how they responded (any pushback that they gave, etc.), as I would like to do the same thing you did and see if they will replace it with the Moto Z?  Many thanks in advance!