Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mon73
Token Ring
Views: 1,879
Message 11 of 25

Re: Droid Turbo 2 Class Action time...

My recommendation, ditch Verizon and go with T-Mobile. Right now, you can effectively get a Moto Z2 Force for $200 with their discount and a $300 projector mod and you'll have a better phone than the older Moto Z on top of it. You'll also be future proof as the Z2 will most likely get Android P when the Z gets left behind at Oreo. Also, the smaller battery is negligible as the 835 processor is much more efficient than the 820. It truly is an all day battery and then some. I can say that as a moderate to heavy user as well.

tmana
Serial Port
Views: 1,827
Message 12 of 25

ROTFLMDAO -- T-Mobile phones have no signal inside most of the stores in the area (like, when you need to pull up a mobile coupon). VZW is, and has always been, committed to making sure there's a signal where it is needed, going so far as to put out trucks with mobile cell sites at popular ball games, or in cases of emergencies (ilke 9/11/01). 

Mon73
Token Ring
Views: 1,767
Message 13 of 25

@tmana wrote:

ROTFLMDAO -- T-Mobile phones have no signal inside most of the stores in the area (like, when you need to pull up a mobile coupon). VZW is, and has always been, committed to making sure there's a signal where it is needed, going so far as to put out trucks with mobile cell sites at popular ball games, or in cases of emergencies (ilke 9/11/01). 

Not in my area. See below for a speed test in the middle of a movie theater complex in my area. This is consistent pretty much anywhere I go. The only spot that was weak (weak as in 15-20 Mb/s...still acceptable) was at the company I worked at. Verizon is losing it's edge...glad to cut ties with "Big Red".

Screenshot_20171102-182159.png

jolliann
Paper Tape
Views: 1,437
Message 14 of 25

Definately!! 

I bought 3 through Verizon two years ago (Dec 2015).  All kept in heavyduty Otterboxs.  In June 2017, mine stopped working while plugged in at my desk.  Green dot blinked only when being charged but will not turn on. Instead of the flashing battery screen, it is flashing the android logo.
I have tried booting it in recovery mode, as well as  in factory mode, but when i select these options it exits out of the fastboot and goes back to flashing the android screen.
Fastboot tells me that the battery is fine. I know the charger works. I know the outlet works. 
The phone will not allow me to choose any of the fastboot options except for 'barcode'. Any other selections take me back to the flashing android logo screen. When the phone is unplugged, it no longer fastboots.

i almost forgot, my first phone had to be returned to Verizon after 6weeks because it would get so hot it would turn itself off!!

I contacted Verizon for assistance, I went into Verizon for assistance.  Nothing.  the techs told me it most likely had "trauma" damage,  but they were happy to help me select a new phone to purchase. 

**bleep**- i had not paid off the other yet, and it was not that old.  NO i didnt purchase the warranty at $10 a month with a $150 deductable.  I purchased it at $325 and the Turbo2 was being purchased due to its durability ratings and as a first cell phone for our teenager.

I am like **bleep**, have you not seen the videos showing how the screen cannot be broken after being run over and smacked with a hammer to then cotinue working fine.  How much trauma could riding in my purse cause???

When i reached out to Motorola it was almost the same BS story.

I did some research online and found others with the exact problem, but never any solution.  So i gave up.  Obviously I had to have done something because the other two phones were fine.

This week, my teenager brings me their phone after it charged all night-BOOM.  It was a de je vu situation from above.

I reached out to Motorola again to send this phone in for repair and was told Motorola no longer repairs the Turbo 2 because more current models have been replaced.  again, **bleep**!  This phone was only released 2 1/2 years ago.  All three phones were paid off in December.

While reading on this forum, i found three posts with identical problems.  Motorolas solution-send to Motorola for repair.......

I did find it very interesting that in all of the videos online to fix various issues with the Turbo 2, i could not find a single post or video troubleshooting or repair due to "Trauma" damage.  I have however learned many things about androids as a whole that have already come in handy including "unlocking" the replacement phone i purchased online.

Thecrab
Paper Tape
Views: 1,292
Message 15 of 25

My Problem is the Droid xt1254 Bootloader Issue....   I bought this dream phone.   But nobody will do a **bleep** thing to help me get the bootloader unlock code ...   Yes I can get it unlocked through third party means.   But the LAW says I shouldnts have to.   Pay again...    I say class action.     **bleep** it I'm tired of broken promises..

AntiMotoMofo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,102
Message 16 of 25

I've already switched to my Galaxy S8 after enduring 2 long years of constant problems with BOTH of the turbo 2 devices I've owned. The first completely quit playing any type of sound whatsoever, rebooted constantly, overheated about once every hour, etc. And the replacement phone I received had all the same problems, except it plays audio, but the bezel started coming off the screen after a month, and in order to use the power button, I have to pinch the screen and the back of the phone together with one hand, and press the button as hard as I can with the other hand at just the right angle. Otherwise it does nothing whatsoever. So yeah, I'm down with the class action idea. Just let me know where to sign my name. I'd love to see this company go bankrupt, though I know that's wishful thinking.
AntiMotoMofo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,102
Message 17 of 25

I'd tell them that I'm not paying for a broken phone, so they'll get the rest of their money for it once I have a working device in my hands. And then I'd go buy a cheap little straight talk phone to use because there's no need in paying a Verizon bill when you don't have a working phone for their network.....hell, it's worth a shot. Worst they can do is say no.

AntiMotoMofo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,100
Message 18 of 25

That is 100% Verizon that is blocking us from unlocking the bootloader. They can deny it all they want, but they are lying to our faces. I mean, Motorola hands out unlock codes for all of the other carrier branded and unbranded phones they make. And Verizon is notorious for locking down (or attempting to in most cases) their phones bootloaders. So why in the hell would Motorola suddenly not want us to have the unlock code on this particular device only. And "coincidentally" they made this decision at the same exact time that Verizon decided they didn't care if we unlocked it? Yeah, im gonna have to say that verizon is completely full of $#!t on that one.

AntiMotoMofo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,100
Message 19 of 25

I wonder if I can still send mine back even though I don't use it anymore. I switched to the Galaxy S8 and just kept my t2 for in case someone finds an unlock method for the bootloader.....

tmana
Serial Port
Views: 1,093
Message 20 of 25

Verizon definitely doesn't want us rooting or re-ROMming phone's. The Other Half tried to root his (now two generations old) HTC One Max, for which there is a rootkit available, and he found out was blocked by Verizon's proprietary bootloader.

That said, as many others have mentioned in other threads on this forum, the "design refresh" path is a Droid Moto Z Force. Since we had not design-refreshed, we're using that route for our Oreo upgrades. That should leave us enough support time to pay off the DT2s and put together resources for mods and for the phones we'll want when those become obsolete.