Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dahobbs
Serial Port
Views: 539
Message 21 of 25

Re: Droid Turbo 2 Class Action time...

Yeah. Pretty much it all comes down to there Control and Gouging of the customers.

IF the bootloader IS unlocked then Root can be obtained, THEN all of there Bloatware garage CAN be either disabled or Uninstalled!

Secondly from my past understanding when rooting and usung custom roms ect Hotspot/Teathering can be Enabled and data throttling can be altered/disabled. Thus they no longer get to gouge the customer for More cash for faster data (video streaming ect) or hotspot on plans that do not include it or limit speed.

Also logging tracking and reporting phone, system info and details Back to the carrier Can be Blocked or Disabled.

So carriers like vzw will Never release that kind of control to there customers (sheep).

Moto is continuing to go down hill, once a flagship for close to pure Android experience. Sad

ugnostix
Paper Tape
Views: 456
Message 22 of 25

i have a phone that constantly heats up and shuts off... the battery life is okay sometimes... i get 8 hours out of it if it dont shut off at 40% wich it does a lot... ill sign show me where!!!

MadDT2owner
What's DOS?
Views: 439
Message 23 of 25

So, **bleep**! Is there a lawyer on this class action or not? Many are angry at the this battery situation. For how long, with no resoltion ? Too bad they are not exploding, that would get better attension. At the moment is just a long term nuasance on many, many owners. Will the person that started this string call a lawyer.

MadDT2owner
What's DOS?
Views: 421
Message 24 of 25

So, an update. It is not a software or firmware update issue, it turns out to be a dang hardware issue! The solder joints on the Droid Turbo 2 charging port are very light and WILL break at the contacts. You will loose the turbo charge feature, and end up with just the USB data port charge (SLOW TRICKEL CHARGE). In my case, I also lost the dang data trasfers feature.

Have a look at several Youtune videos regarding this, check this one out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrk0o3R0Spg

All my local repair shops requires a speacial order on the charge port. About a $99.00 repair. My work around was to purchase a wireless charger. I purchase one for my office and one for my car. It charges fine, just not a quik as the turbo charger! 

The droid was great until this crappy charging issue.

Motorola stinks.

ugnostix
Paper Tape
Views: 396
Message 25 of 25

lenovo stinks... motorola was great util lenovo took over... so thats one issue... what about the battteries dying at 30%, screen issues, bleeding data, etc..