Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Darrianwc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 921
Message 1 of 5

Droid Turbo 2 - Extreme Lag

I recently bought a new Droid Turbo 2, when I first received it the device worked perfectly. Shortly after however the device dropped in frames. It doesn't appear to be caused by lack of ram or anything like that. The display will also occasionally temporarily split in half vertically. As well as certain portions of the screen will turn to static. Clearing Cache and Factory Resetting it has done nothing. I downloaded the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant, which claims to help problems such as this. But when I try to repair the device, it won't recognise when the device is in fast boot mode, and won't continue with the repair because of this. Any help would be appreciated.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 880
Message 2 of 5

Re: Droid Turbo 2 - Extreme Lag

@Darrianwc wrote:

I recently bought a new Droid Turbo 2, when I first received it the device worked perfectly. Shortly after however the device dropped in frames. It doesn't appear to be caused by lack of ram or anything like that. The display will also occasionally temporarily split in half vertically. As well as certain portions of the screen will turn to static. Clearing Cache and Factory Resetting it has done nothing. I downloaded the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant, which claims to help problems such as this. But when I try to repair the device, it won't recognise when the device is in fast boot mode, and won't continue with the repair because of this. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Darrianwc,

Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Also, when you did the factory data reset, did you test the phone BEFORE installing or restoring any of your third-party apps?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

davidjc
Paper Tape
Views: 128
Message 3 of 5

Ok. I'm tired of looking for solutions and tired of carrying around a portable charger just to keep my turbo 2 running. After nougat update my 2-day battery turned into a 2 hour battery, then developed into a hit and miss battle, turning off randomly then showing 0% battery. Plug ut in and instantly shows up to 90% battery. I've searched every forum I can, been to Verizon, (joke) an tried every so called "solution" suggested. Clear cache- no help. Reset battery- no help. Re-calibrate battery-  no help. Last night I finally factory reset the phone. It's worse now than before. 

I've bragged on Motorola for years having carried their radios on my hip and mounted in 34 years of police cruisers. Used motoMotofor a year in Baghdad riding around in Humvees. Now, I'm burnt out on Motorola. I need a long life battery for what I do. The turbo 2 answered every need until nougat. Now it's a uselss paperweight. 

Motorila! How long will you ignore the cries for help from your loyal base? It seems a simple software update could resolve the problem. Or at least give us the ability to uninstall nougat. Please consider. 

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 112
Message 4 of 5

@davidjc wrote:

Ok. I'm tired of looking for solutions and tired of carrying around a portable charger just to keep my turbo 2 running. After nougat update my 2-day battery turned into a 2 hour battery, then developed into a hit and miss battle, turning off randomly then showing 0% battery. Plug ut in and instantly shows up to 90% battery. I've searched every forum I can, been to Verizon, (joke) an tried every so called "solution" suggested. Clear cache- no help. Reset battery- no help. Re-calibrate battery-  no help. Last night I finally factory reset the phone. It's worse now than before. 

I've bragged on Motorola for years having carried their radios on my hip and mounted in 34 years of police cruisers. Used motoMotofor a year in Baghdad riding around in Humvees. Now, I'm burnt out on Motorola. I need a long life battery for what I do. The turbo 2 answered every need until nougat. Now it's a uselss paperweight. 

Motorila! How long will you ignore the cries for help from your loyal base? It seems a simple software update could resolve the problem. Or at least give us the ability to uninstall nougat. Please consider. 

I have posted this in other forum sections here; but in my opinion there is a difference between upgrading a phone through numerous versions of Android vs recieving a phone with a freshly flashed OS from the manuafacturer.  I had my Turbo 2 for over a year and loved it.  I recieved 2 or 3 OS updates during that time, including 7.0.  After the last update my phone was not as snappy as before and the battery life was decreased.  Nothing as bad as you & others have stated, but it was noticeable.  When I bought a Z Force I gave my Turbo 2 to my daughter and she used it for another year or so.  By that point it was shot, so I bought her a new phone and put the Turbo 2 in a box.  A while back my Samsung work phone started failing and my company told me to go pick out a new Samsung at Verizon.  I asked if I could get another phone and they said No, go pick out a new Samsung at Verizon.  I despise Samsung's version of Android so much that I convinced them to let me activate my own phone and they just continue to pay the bill.  So I created an RMW with Motorola and paid them for a refurbished Turbo 2 and sent them my old beat-up phone.  It arrived looking as good as new with all the original Moto Maker options.  It has 7.0 Nougat, but is very snappy and is getting excellent battery life.  I don't use it heavily on most days and the battery lasts around 3 days.  When I travel for work and use it heavily the battery still lasts a whole work day, like when it was new.  There is a noticeable difference in how it runs & performs after being refurbished & shipped with 7.0 from Moto vs the way it ran & performed after using it for a year & a half and manually upgrading through several versions of Android.  Something about Android in general seems like it just doesn't always like upgrading repeatedly over top of itself.

~Scott
Andy_N
Blue Screen Again
Views: 79
Message 5 of 5

I've been expeiencing similar battery issues like others here. After getting a paid for replacement from Motorola still had similar problems. Forced me to jump from Motorola to an iPhone. I wanted to see if the lag and battery issues were from the apps that I had on the phone so I did my own little test; I did a factory reset without adding anything to customize and the battery is still crap.

Sad because I've relied on Motorola phones since the early days of their flip phones. Someone posted about a possible class action suit against Verizon and Motorola/Lenovo. I'd like to be part of that.

Top Kudoed Authors