Did you mean: 
alihamzashahid
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,943
Message 1 of 11

Droid Turbo 2 ! WiFi isn't working after last update

Device Name : Droid Turbo 2

Model : XT-1585

WiFi isn't working since last update.I updated my device from Marshmallow to directly this Version of Nougat (25.226.5) with the help of Verizon Software Assistant.Because,The downloading of available patch was failed due to network availablity.So,I updated it directly from version 24.14.16 to version 25.226.5.WiFi is turned on and shows the available networks but usually it doesn't connect to them & even If it does luckily 1 or 2 times in an hour after trying again & again it only remains connected for about 5 seconds & then disconnected.

Things I've Tried to Solve the Issue :

1.Forgeting,Turning WiFi ON or OFF,Device Restarting,etc.

2.Clearing Cache Partition

3.Restoring Software (After restoring software it worked for about a minute.As it did after updating)

4.Change of Router

Please ! Help Me Out.Pictures are attached for further details.

IMG_20180109_172449.jpgSoftware Details

Screenshot_20180109-174215.pngFailed Version

Screenshot_20180109-174220.pngSystem Update History

Screenshot_20180109-174228.pngDevice is Up to Date

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,927
Message 2 of 11

Re: Droid Turbo 2 ! WiFi isn't working after last update

Hi, alihamzashahid

Sorry to hear about that, as you have already performed the troubleshooting would request you to share us a Bug Report.

We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Here's how:
Note: Capture the report right after the issue happened.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behaviour in local time.

Thanks,

Swaraj

-Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,910
Message 3 of 11

Hi, alihamzashahid.

You can try to check with Verizon Software Assistant if that helps if not repair/replacement is the only option.

Thanks,

Swaraj

-Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
dahobbs
Serial Port
Views: 2,901
Message 4 of 11

Your best bet is IF your on Verizon call customer service and tell them your fed up and have had enough. And that you want them to replace your DT2 with a new nForce like they are doing for other DT2 owners with the same issues. that's what I ended up having to do. Be firm with Verizon. At the prompts say "Cancle Service"

Its unfortunate but Lenovo is NOT going to fix the Turbo 2 problems. There last soak test was a laughing joke, as soon as we started listing issues after getting the soak update they ended the test and closed the forum. 

alihamzashahid
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,887
Message 5 of 11

Brother Currently I'm out of USA.I'm in my Homeland (Pakistan) & I don't know that I will be back there or not because I'm not in mood to GO Back.So ! Replacement isn't for me.And More to it My Device is also out of warranty(Yeah I know I'll get a credit of 150$ for Device but this is not an option for me anymore).The Motorola's customer center here in Pakistan says that they can't Help Me Out because this Product was purchased in another region.But I know it's a software issue.So ! Do You know any way to roll back,To the previous version OR any other solutions ? Thanks for replying Dahobbs.

alihamzashahid
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,886
Message 6 of 11

Here is the link of Bug Report :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Dw487BHI7mDy66GRv6Z3tbjUJF8Xwinv

The time was around 11:50 AM PST (Pakistan Standard Time).

And what I saw during the bug report is the samething that I've expalined above.The WiFi disconnected several times during bug report.

alihamzashahid
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,884
Message 7 of 11

Please ! Provide the Verizon Software Assistant's link.The one I've is Software Upgrade Assistant v2.2.2.Thanks.

dahobbs
Serial Port
Views: 2,875
Message 8 of 11

Sure don't. Locked Bootloader prevents installing a decent rom and solving the problems. When the DT2 was first released it was an awesome device. After the first update it went to crap and Lenovo just moved on.

Only thing you can try is every single root apk available. At this point I know of none that work and the market moves on so fast that there is no real demand to aquire root.

Wish I could help more

alihamzashahid
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,873
Message 9 of 11

Hmmmm.DAHOBBS 😥

AlfaidMaqsood
Paper Tape
Views: 1,359
Message 10 of 11