Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bukhari1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,547
Message 1 of 10

Droid Turbo 2 battery drain fast

Hello every1.

I got used mobile from market. its working ok but battery drain very fast while screen on.

While off screen its good.

Please help me..

Droid turbo 2 xt1585

Updated 7.0

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,513
Message 2 of 10

Re: Droid Turbo 2 battery drain fast

@Bukhari1 wrote:

Hello every1.

I got used mobile from market. its working ok but battery drain very fast while screen on.

While off screen its good.

Please help me..

Droid turbo 2 xt1585

Updated 7.0

The screen is the biggest battery drain on a phone. Try turning down the brightness. The Turbo 2 is a few years old. If it is a used phone, it likely has an older battery which makes the battery drain faster. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Bukhari1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,507
Message 3 of 10

Yes brightness is low and i also disabled some apps.. but same..
So i should replace battery or phone?
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,483
Message 4 of 10

@Bukhari1 wrote:
Yes brightness is low and i also disabled some apps.. but same..
So i should replace battery or phone?

I can't say with the information provided. Since it is a used mobile it is hard to say what the previous owner did to it. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Bukhari1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,467
Message 5 of 10

Can you check problem by profile?

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,463
Message 6 of 10

Based on all the other Droid Turbo 2 posts about battery drain issues it doesn't sound like much can be done if the phone was upgraded from 6.0 to 6.1 then to 7.0 then to 7.1.; nothing short of either a new battery or a replacement phone.  There are many "bad battery" posts on here for that phone after the last OS update.

I bought my Turbo 2 the day they went on sale, used it for over a year and loved it.  I recieved 2 or 3 OS updates during that time, including 7.0.  After the last update my phone was not as snappy as before and the battery life was decreased.  Nothing as bad as you & others have stated, but it was noticeable.  When I bought a Z Force I gave my Turbo 2 to my daughter and she used it for another year or so.  By that point it was shot, so I bought her a new phone and put the Turbo 2 in a box.  A while back my Samsung work phone started failing I convinced them to let me activate my own phone and they just continue to pay the bill.  So I created an RMA with Motorola and paid them for a refurbished Turbo 2 and sent them my old beat-up phone.  It arrived looking as good as new with all the original Moto Maker options.  It has 7.0 Nougat, but is very snappy and is getting excellent battery life.  I don't use it heavily on most days and the battery lasts around 3 days.  When I travel for work and use it heavily the battery still lasts a whole work day, like when it was new.  There is a noticeable difference in how it runs & performs after being refurbished & shipped with 7.0 from Moto vs the way it ran & performed after using it for a year & a half and manually upgrading through several versions of Android. 

~Scott
Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,461
Message 7 of 10

@Bukhari1 wrote:

Can you check problem by profile?

I can't, i am a volunteer. 

Bukhari1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,458
Message 8 of 10

Nice to read your experience.. but last update is 7.0 not 7.1.. i want replace battery but its too expensiv and not sure if problem again thats why i want to change the mobile.. but asking here for any solution..

Bukhari1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,455
Message 9 of 10

Ok thanks.. Smiley Happy

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,449
Message 10 of 10

@Bukhari1 wrote:

Nice to read your experience.. but last update is 7.0 not 7.1.. i want replace battery but its too expensiv and not sure if problem again thats why i want to change the mobile.. but asking here for any solution..

You haven't provide any quanititative information other then to say battery runs down faster with screen on. That is normal as I said screen is biggest drain, followed by poor signal. 

Some things to try: 

1. Does battery drain the same in airplane mode? 

2 Does battery drain the same in safe mode? 

3. Try a reset and test before ANY  app is installed. 

If battery drain is high in all above situations then likely the battery. 

If you get a full day of use with normal usage then the battery doesn't sound that bad.