Did you mean: 
Meysam_Masoudy
Paper Tape
Views: 59,168
Message 1 of 123

Droid Turbo 2 loses battery very fast

Hi

I have Droid Turbo 2 (XT1585) Verizon.

I am out of country where I don't have any Network coverage. I have recently upgraded the Android to 6.0.1

Build Number MCK24.183-**

This phone is famous for its Battery and battery charge holding. After upgrading to the latest Android version, the phone got a very serious issue. It does not hold the charge and loses the charge very fast. From %100 to 0 just takes less than 2 hours. When in Airplane mode, it's fine, but when turning Airplane mode off and activating Network mode on, it happens.

I also use wifi calling feature, but I don't think that cause the problem.

I have tried all the guide at Motorola website. I am %99 sure that there's a bug or problem at Android new version upgrade package.

Please help

Thanks

Interstellar
maximusK
Punch Card
Views: 58,845
Message 2 of 123

Re: Droid Turbo 2 loses battery very fast

I have been able to cut some battery draw by keeping Location in battery saving mode.  Obviously won't help though if you are using maps a lot!  

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 58,843
Message 3 of 123

@Meysam_Masoudy wrote:

Hi

I have Droid Turbo 2 (XT1585) Verizon.

I am out of country where I don't have any Network coverage. I have recently upgraded the Android to 6.0.1

Build Number MCK24.183-**

This phone is famous for its Battery and battery charge holding. After upgrading to the latest Android version, the phone got a very serious issue. It does not hold the charge and loses the charge very fast. From %100 to 0 just takes less than 2 hours. When in Airplane mode, it's fine, but when turning Airplane mode off and activating Network mode on, it happens.

I also use wifi calling feature, but I don't think that cause the problem.

I have tried all the guide at Motorola website. I am %99 sure that there's a bug or problem at Android new version upgrade package.

Please help

Thanks

Hi Meysam_Masoudy,

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help us investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Regards,

Joy

Motorola Support

n1nj45tyl3
Punch Card
Views: 58,799
Message 4 of 123

So this is second time I've had this issue this year. I've already sent in my device for a repair and when it returned it worked great up until a few days ago. Now I'm having the same issue again. Won't charge outside of Airplane mode. Won't go past 12-18% before dying. Not sure what the deal is. Turbo charger stopped working not too long ago, however the device still would turbo-charge while on USB.

Highlighted
Meysam_Masoudy
Paper Tape
Views: 58,780
Message 5 of 123

Hi Joy,

Thank you for your reply.

I have updated my profile. It is Ok to me to check the apps list. Please consider that I think the last OS upgrade cause the problem.

Thank you

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Meysam

Interstellar
DAK23
Fanfold Paper
Views: 57,137
Message 6 of 123

I, too have been experiencing rapid battery drain since the latest update. I've done everything that I can think of except switch to battery saving mode (which I shouldn't have to do under normal, every usage). Has this situation been resolved for you? I'd love to keep this phone for a while longer, but I can watch the percentage drop from 100% to 90 in 10 minutes

jonAmos
Punch Card
Views: 56,375
Message 7 of 123

Joy,

I am experiencing the same problem. My profile is up-to-date, and my Motorola Privacy settings are on as well. Please look at my apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Thank you,

jon

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 56,243
Message 8 of 123

@jonAmos wrote:

Joy,

I am experiencing the same problem. My profile is up-to-date, and my Motorola Privacy settings are on as well. Please look at my apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Thank you,

jon

Sorry for the delay. I've checked your profile and I didn't see your IMEI.

Need help updating your profile? See here

- Joy

Nine11c2
Paper Tape
Views: 56,222
Message 9 of 123

I have been having the same problem, worse with Nougat. I've found that putting the phone on Battery Save gets me 14-18 hours or more. Clearly, the phone is checking emails and such far too often (even though I've turned off all syncs I don't need) and the battery can run down in 2-4 hours. There is something seriously wrong with the Nougat install. on the Turbo 2. We should be able to default to something like battery save mode where the emails (even gmail) stop polling yet when we use the phone we get full battery. All this hype about "sleep" mode is total BS, its way worse.
Nine11c2
Paper Tape
Views: 56,221
Message 10 of 123

PS my brother has the same phone, same BS BTW...