Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SglGrma
Token Ring
Views: 2,681
Message 71 of 120

Re: Droid Turbo 2 loses battery very fast

Leveno don't care about long time users... loyal Motorola customers 

They can't wait until we are all gone.. then they can sucker another generation in 

MsPitstop
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,368
Message 72 of 120

Ive done all of that and everything else recommended.

My phone is 2 yrs old, but has exhibited battery problems since @9 mos old. 

But of course, you don't think it's going to be long-term or get worse. And after the most recent update - I believe in summer of 2017 - it has all been downhill from there. In addition to terrible battery life and terrible charging times, my phone is now dying at 40%, 50% even 60% battery.

I was very frustrated so I tweeted @Motorola on Twitter a few days ago. A customer service person suggested I do a full wipe reset. So I came back on here to find out if anyone has had any positive result from doing that, is it going to be worth the hassle... I think the answer is probably no. She also sent me a link to go to if that didn't work. I clicked on the link first, of course, wondering where she was sending me... it was a page on which to order repairs. I'm not paying to repair a phone that didn't even last a year, and has been steadily getting worse since. 

I also know a class action suit isn't worth the wait. As soon as I have the $, I'm going to buy a phone that is reliable. And say goodbye to Motorola. 

DanG473
Punch Card
Views: 2,349
Message 73 of 120

Ive been noticing battery drain issues the past few months.  "google play services" seems to be the culprit.  I have since done an FDR.  I do not have gps on.  I have tried removing my google account and re-adding it (to eliminate sync issues)  Ive tried stopping the the google play services app.  From everything Ive read its an app using google play services, but how do you tell which one?  Is there a battery monitor app that can figure out which app is the culprit? 

JWang88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,333
Message 74 of 120

Yep. Got my battery replaced. No more random turn off 0% battery sign.

The repairman showed my my old battery which is a little over 2 years old. One side was flat. The other side full with rigid bumps every centimeter of the battery.

Just tested my new battery and only dropped 10% in 30 minutes running youtube video with highest brightness and sound on max.

MsPitstop
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,330
Message 75 of 120

How much did it cost? 

Highlighted
JWang88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,319
Message 76 of 120

60 USD at my local repair shop. Price is different at different places. Better than buying a new phone when you have a perfectly good phone with 21 megapixel camera, 1440p resolution, and a top line qualcomm 8 core processor. So happy my phone is revived.

MsPitstop
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,313
Message 77 of 120

Interesting. I was quoted $100 at least at my Verizon store. Though that was 6-12 mos ago when the problems first started. 

JWang88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,310
Message 78 of 120

Yeah, I didn't take mine to Verizon Store. Bring it to a shop that fixes phone like an iphone screen repair shop. Or search yelp for android repair shop. Ask them if they do battery replacement for Motorola Turbo 2.

The guy had to order the battery for 2-4 day shipping.

Made a 20 dollar deposit.

When the battery came, he called me.

I brought my phone to there.

He replaced my battery in an hour.

I paid the rest, 40 dollars. (Cash so no tax)

And that was it.

Michael25
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,113
Message 79 of 120

Battery Problem

My wife's phone has serious battery issues. It's 2 years old. She picked up a new phone today and I thought I could figure out how to fix her Turbo 2. Nope.

I've factory reset and cleared the cache. I then booted into the factory loader and checked the battery. health says good but when plugged in it wouldn't budge past 6%. I figure maybe it won't charge when in that loader.

I restart and the phone starts charging quickly. it was at 100% in about 30 minutes. I unplugged it and kept the screen awake while watching the battery drain in 2% increments. after 20 minutes it's at 62%. my wife looks over and says "run something if you want it to drain."

I start up the Empire game that's pre-installed, switch over to the battery info and took the picture I've attached. immediately after I took the picture, the phone dies. trying to restart shows the dead battery exclamation point screen.

I'm at a loss to the problem unless the battery is damaged and needs replaced. any help or advice would be appreciated.

cinderella1
Punch Card
Views: 2,109
Message 80 of 120

When they change the battery do you also end up resetting the phone? My phone is about 27 months old and won't make it through the day. I take it off the charger and within about 10 minutes, with low brightness, it is down near 80%. It drains quickly. I picked it up tonight at 20% and within 15 minutes it was down to 3%. I don't want to set up the whole phone again so I don't want to do factory reset. I tend to think it's the updates it has had. It was a warranty replacement, so really it should be only about a year old....but maybe it didn't come with a NEW battery? ALso, if you reset it, do you then have to reinstall all the uppdates it has had over the 2 years? That seems like a pain. Changing the battery seems like the easiest thing to try first (if it is only $60).