Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HolyKnight1121
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,138
Message 91 of 123

Re: Droid Turbo 2 loses battery very fast

Yeah probably get battery replaced. Mine was somewhat like that but for me the gap in the slope was because mine would just shut off at a random percentage and when I try to start it back up it said it had 0%. Then I would have to recharge my phone. If you do get it replaced see if your allowed to keep old battery or take a picture of both sides.

Mine was one side flat and the other like sand dunes. I forgot to ask to keep old battery or take a picture of it since it was my first time taking my phone to a repair shop.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,067
Message 92 of 123

Hi All,.

Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, the age of the battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns. You can check some tips to extend battery life here.

Please make sure to do the necessary troubleshooting steps here.You can also try a factory reset with no restore. Make sure to back up your data. 

If the issue is still persisting, then send it for repair.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Mjo1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,012
Message 93 of 123

Screenshot_20180204-122143.pngLooks like I got a decent replacement battery, charging it every other day now

HolyKnight1121
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,990
Message 94 of 123

Glad you got it replaced!
CrouchingBruin
Paper Tape
Views: 1,970
Message 95 of 123

My battery started draining very quickly all of a sudden, to the point where even when I had it plugged in, the battery level would just stay steady, it wouldn't go up. The only way to get it to fully charge was to power down completely. I tried closing all my apps but that didn't seem to help, and I had a suspicion that it was apps running in the background that were causing the problem. Found an app on the Play store called Hibernator, which automatically shuts down background apps when you power off the screen. It made a huge difference in my battery life. Not only does my phone charge faster, but my battery lasts a lot longer throughout the day. There's an exception list where you can easily add apps that you want to allow running in the background (i.e., I added Pulsar and Pandora because I want my music playing while the screen is dark, and AirDroid). The only quirky thing about it is when you turn off your screen, the app, of course, takes a few seconds to shut down the background processes and that sometimes causes some flickering on the screen before it finally shuts off.

MikeCalhoun
What's DOS?
Views: 1,959
Message 96 of 123

I'm wondering what the solution ended up being, because I have had the same issure since about the time the new update occured (Oct 2017), and it's only getting worse. Can someone please help? I am on the verge of needing to buy a new phone.

HolyKnight1121
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,955
Message 97 of 123

If your battery drains fast even with most stuff turned off like Mjo1 or I had I think you should try battery replacement. Doesn't have to be replaced by Motorola and could be a local phone repair store. Just ask if they do battery replacement for Turbo 2.
DanG473
Punch Card
Views: 1,910
Message 98 of 123

"Ive been noticing battery drain issues the past few months.  "google play services" seems to be the culprit.  I have since done an FDR.  I do not have gps on.  I have tried removing my google account and re-adding it (to eliminate sync issues)  Ive tried stopping the the google play services app.  From everything Ive read its an app using google play services, but how do you tell which one?  Is there a battery monitor app that can figure out which app is the culprit? "

Anyone else having the google play services battery drain?  Am I the only one? 

simplytaboo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,828
Message 99 of 123

PLEASE HELP ME!!!  Getting ready to switch to an iPhone and DO NOT WANT TO.  Do I need another battery maybe?!

Nine11c2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,825
Message 100 of 123

Get a Pixel..