Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CalOky
Paper Tape
Views: 349
Message 121 of 123

Re: Droid Turbo 2 loses battery very fast

I'm also facing a similar problem with battery. My phone battery drains very fast and when it gets to 15 or 20%, it goes of. Please help. 

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 347
Message 122 of 123

As old as the Turbo 2 is, I don't think there is anything anyone can do that will help.  That's a classic sign of a failed / failing battery.  You would either need to get the battery replaced or get a new phone.  I paid for Moto to refurbish my Turbo 2 and with a new battery it made a world of difference.  I use it as my company paid work phone.  

~Scott
CrouchingBruin
Paper Tape
Views: 341
Message 123 of 123

Rather than replacing the battery, I would get a new phone. I really liked my Droid Turbo 2, but like many of you, I started experiencing rapid battery loss. And I would do everything I could to extend battery life, including dimming my screen to the lowest readable output, regularly hibernating all background apps, even turning the screen off when driving with Waze and just going by the audio prompts. But I usually had to end up recharging before the day was up. I was hesitant to get another phone because I had spent $100 getting the screen replaced because I started getting the vertical green lines that seem to plague this model as well.

I finally got fed up with babying that phone and I ended up getting a Motorola Moto X4 on Amazon for $150. Battery life is much better, I can easily go through the whole day and a little more on a full charge, and the Turbo Charge feature quickly charges up the phone. Plus, the operating system will upgrade itself to the latest Android version. Fingerprint sensor unlocks the phone really fast, and I still have the Moto Actions for turning on the light or camera with a twist of the wrist (the main reason why I stuck with Motorola). Probably the only thing I miss is having wireless charging, but not a big deal.