Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonAmos
Punch Card
Views: 9,165
Message 21 of 123

Re: Droid Turbo 2 loses battery very fast

@DAK23 wrote:
Forgive me for being dense, but how do I update my profile with the the required information? I don't see anywhere on my profile screen to include the IMEI

I had a hard time finding it, too. When you click your avatar, select My Settings instead of Profile. Then, change the drop-down menu from Email to Personal Information (if you're on the mobile site; if you're on the desktop site, just select Personal Information to the right of Email in the horizontal menu). IMEI is at the bottom.

jon

DAK23
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,174
Message 22 of 123

That did it! Thanks very much
DAK23
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,173
Message 23 of 123

I've updated my profile with my IMEI 

Removed the IMEI number. Don't want that in public view. If it is in your profile then they will be able to see it.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 9,100
Message 24 of 123

Folks, have you tried to clear the cache partition to remove temporary files that could be causing the problem? When you clear the cache it will remove temporary files but will not delete your files or settings. Here's your guide.

- Joy

Nine11c2
Paper Tape
Views: 9,095
Message 25 of 123

Like the first thing we tried..this isn't a temporary problem. It turns out the bulk of my problem was gmail constantly syning on a very busy account..

DAK23
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,088
Message 26 of 123

I have tried that. I have tried just about everything I could do dinner online. I've had this issue since November 2016 (I bought the phone in February 2016) and since then not only does the charging port have to be fiddled with and left to sit untouched lest it stop charging, but once at 100% and unplugged, it goes immediately to 99%, and then 95% within minutes
Aztigerval
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,932
Message 27 of 123

I am having the same issue. Mine was fine until a couple of days ago. I have been visiting New York and not doing anything out of the ordinary but my battery has been dying faster and faster each day. This morning I have watched as it dropped from 100% to 78% in the last 20 minutes. I have my profile updated and my privacy turned on. Can you pylease look at my phone too? Is there an app I downloaded thats causing this? It was fine until about 3 days ago and today is the worst by far and I haven't done anything yet except for look at these forums.....my husband is with me and has the same phone and his seems to be fine. I have also cleared my cache.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,825
Message 28 of 123

@Aztigerval wrote:

I am having the same issue. Mine was fine until a couple of days ago. I have been visiting New York and not doing anything out of the ordinary but my battery has been dying faster and faster each day. This morning I have watched as it dropped from 100% to 78% in the last 20 minutes. I have my profile updated and my privacy turned on. Can you pylease look at my phone too? Is there an app I downloaded thats causing this? It was fine until about 3 days ago and today is the worst by far and I haven't done anything yet except for look at these forums.....my husband is with me and has the same phone and his seems to be fine. I have also cleared my cache.

Hi Aztigerval,

I've checked your device IMEI and factory data reset without restoring apps is recommended. Make sure to back up your data first. 

- Joy

DAK23
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,790
Message 29 of 123

Is there any further information for this issue? I've yet to receive any help and would like to be able to use the device that I sent several hundred dollars on without issues
Chjapa
Punch Card
Views: 8,760
Message 30 of 123

So does not restoring apps help? I did a factory reset and restored and all these issues (battery drain, apps crashing, etc.) are back again.

A reset without restoring apps is a giant PITA but I will do it if it has been effective as this phone was great on Marshmallow.