Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maximusK
Punch Card
Views: 14,467
Message 31 of 123

Re: Droid Turbo 2 loses battery very fast

Most importantly, pull your SD card before doing this. In my case the warning said it would erase everything in memory. I didn't think memory = SD card but it does!
pyredude
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 14,305
Message 32 of 123

The reset does NOT HELP. I did the reset without restore and still get random I restarts and erratic battery levels. For now I just plug in my phone weight every chance I get.

pyredude
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 14,168
Message 33 of 123

Does anyone have any update to this? I'm doing daily cashe clearing, running in safe mode, and leaving my phone plugged in unless i have to walk away from my desk and plugging it back in right away, otherwise the battery quickly drops and resets multiple times a day. 

jonAmos
Punch Card
Views: 14,115
Message 34 of 123

@jonAmos wrote:

@Moto_Joy wrote:

Please try battery calibration and let me know. Thank you!

I am still trying to determine whether this has helped. My first impression was that it didn't make a difference, but I don't want to rush to judgment, so I'm going to give it another week or so before reporting back. I might even try battery calibration again, unless that's a bad idea for any reason.

@Moto_Joy,

After performing a battery calibration, I wasn't sure I saw much improvement. I wanted to give it some time to be sure, though, as I wrote above on 5/23.

I then followed the Wipe Cache Partition guide you provided on 5/25 to remove temporary files. This definitely improved my phone's processing speed, but I'm not sure it reduced battery drainage, so I did another battery calibration.

Android pushed a system update (from 25.10.11.en.US to 25.201.6, which I think was mainly a security patch) that I installed a few weeks ago on 6/6. After that, I noticed I started really losing battery again, so the steps must've helped somewhat.

In light of all that, I wiped my cache partition again tonight and am trying another battery calibration now. We'll see. One more question on calibration: If I use my phone a little while it's charging during calibration, does that mess up the process? For instance, while writing this, I opened its settings and looked at its system update history.

Any other suggestions? I sure hope it doesn't come down to a factory data reset without restoring apps. That's the last thing I want to do!

Thanks again,

jon

maximusK
Punch Card
Views: 14,103
Message 35 of 123

I have found a potential source of my battery issue (it is draining much quicker than it was before the recent updates).  

Several times recently when I checked my bluetooth it showed that the phone was trying to pair with my BT headphones.  The headphones were at work, I was in the car on my way to/from work each time.  For now I guess I'll have to forget the headphones after I am done using them and repair when needed.  But if it is constantly trying to pair when the headphones are not around I would think that would use up battery power.   

DAK23
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,085
Message 36 of 123

I'm pretty sure that nearly everyone here has done exactly as instructed by Motorola and are still having the same issues. Clearly it's either beyond their ability/desire to fix via software, or it's a problem with the physical battery itself. Either way, this delay (we've been complaining for several months or longer) is wholly unacceptable. I've been a loyal Motorola customer for nearly 20 years but am giving serious consideration to never buy another product of theirs if they don't resolve this issue
pyredude
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 14,075
Message 37 of 123

I'm already looking at something else. If I have to send money to replace this phone, it won't be spent on a Moto product.

@DAK23 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that nearly everyone here has done exactly as instructed by Motorola and are still having the same issues. Clearly it's either beyond their ability/desire to fix via software, or it's a problem with the physical battery itself. Either way, this delay (we've been complaining for several months or longer) is wholly unacceptable. I've been a loyal Motorola customer for nearly 20 years but am giving serious consideration to never buy another product of theirs if they don't resolve this issue

pyredude
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 13,988
Message 38 of 123

I finally give up and called Verizon to get a warranty replacement. The agent told me that they had received calls about Motorola Turbo 2 battery and reset issues on the Droid phones from the update but it had not been elevated high enough to have a solution from Motorola. I'm back to 24+ hours of battery and WILL NOT ALLOW THE UPDATE. 

ron44124
Paper Tape
Views: 13,638
Message 39 of 123

Filing a lawsuit is the only way users of Motorolas crappy products can fight back! I am currently filing a class action in reference to the Droid Turbo 2 specifically for battery issues withe this model phone, Thousands of customers are complaining about this, however Motorola has done nothing.  When I mentioned this to a representative at Morotola customer service, they laughed. Well now, let us see who laughs last! Instead of replacing 2 phones, Motorola would rather end up spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, reimbursing customers with defective phones. Also the bad reviews I will post on blogs, social media and a radio show I host. I will have a on air discussion with callers, talking about Motorolas poor products and Verizon's refusal to accept any responsibility for the crap they sell to their customers. Personally I wanted this issue to end peacefully, however Motorola wants a war. Now they have one!! 

hamid_rafiei
Fanfold Paper
Views: 13,499
Message 40 of 123

hi my friends.

i buy droid turbo 2 . after turn on my phone its update 3 step .

after update to android 7 my battery loses fast . i charge my phone when its turn off. after battery charged 100 i unplug charger . after turn on my phone battery is 98 .

when i use my phone the battry lose fast (instagram-telegram-web). my screen bright is 50 . in normal use my battery life is 18 hrs.when turn on my screen battery use is very very fast . please help me.

tanks