Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
impala1995ss
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,697
Message 61 of 123

Re: Droid Turbo 2 loses battery very fast

Ever since 7.0, my battery drains very fast.   With light-moderate morning use (email, games, FB) for about 10-15 min, I willl lose 20% battery life.  

Please fix!

Mjo1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,386
Message 62 of 123

I believe that it is the nature of the best. Every problem seems to have a" boiler plate" reply. I've had this issue for awhile now and have tried everything this thread says to do to remedy the issue.

Here's what I have found to ( not fix ), ( but ) calm my issue.

If,,, I unplug my charger in the morning & start using my aps, after a few minutes, my battery indicates that I only have about 4 hours left ( sometimes alot less ) & in 4 or 5 hours, I am down to about 15% or less of battery life.

But, if I run everything with my charger still plugged in, then close everything before unplugging the charger, then I have 24-36 hours of battery left & it will last the rest of the day with no problem at all.

So, that is what I do!!

Before I take off in the morning, it stays on the charger, because I have found that not using it will degrade the availably of the battery in short order.

I hope that this helps you!!

FrankJR
What's DOS?
Views: 6,126
Message 63 of 123

Please look at my phone to see if something other than your poor quality control of the Nougat/T2 integration is causing my system to fail.

Motorola has asked me for $150 to "repair" this problem.  I'm still paying on it (22 months).

Mjo1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,080
Message 64 of 123

Here is a superb battery saver tip

http://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/superb_battery_saving_trick_for_your_android_phone.html

Amazing what is running in the background.

Sometimes I need to do a Quick tap to make the apps inactive.

Hope it helps you!!

MNDan
What's DOS?
Views: 5,982
Message 65 of 123

I would consider replacing the battery.  I spent $70 and the battery life is back to what I consider acceptable. Before I just replaced the battery it would draining for no good reason and go for 40% to dead without notice.  

rp11
What's DOS?
Views: 5,709
Message 66 of 123

My Droid Turbo 2 is having the same issue. Can you see if I have any apps causing the problem? Also, what is the tech # if I need to get a replacement warranty.
Nine11c2
Paper Tape
Views: 5,702
Message 67 of 123

I tried 3 or 4 of these phones, some that ran L, some that upgraded to M. They all went badly on battery after a few months. I solved the problem by going to a Droid Pixel. These are simply cheaply poorly made phones.

TheJsasse
What's DOS?
Views: 5,535
Message 68 of 123

For others having this problem - I've had several of these phones, all with various issues.  If you've got the issue of rapid battery drain (like losing 1% per minute, etc.) - you're going to need to get a replacement device.  I've had that happen twice (I'm on my 4th T2) and those issues we're cleared up with an RMA.

I honestly think there's a hardware bug that isn't getting scanned on refurb devices, so it's increasingly common to end up with one of these devices, it's no fun.

earthworm82
What's DOS?
Views: 5,160
Message 69 of 123

After having gone through entire post I think there is  no. Solution. After nougat update this phone has become worthless. Battery drain issue still exist now with more speed. 

Please check the attached snap 

jaxslli
What's DOS?
Views: 4,234
Message 70 of 123

I have the same issues with all 3 of the "designed by you" Turbo 2s.  Three different users, three different sets of apps, 2-3 different locations, 3 different types of usage, 3 different activation/production dates.  All 3 went to crud after Nougat.  Terrible battery life, self-reboots, shutdowns, apps opening/closing on their own, no signal/poor signal.  Since we all have google, we went through all of the same steps as suggested by Moto/Lenovo to no avail.  Clear cache, clear cache partition, remove sd cards, run safe mode, run with no 3rd party apps, turn wi-fi on/off, change this, that and the other setting, battery recalibirations, back up and reset, no back up and reset, factory resets via the phone and bootloader. All to no avail.  Battery life, lagging and overheating all recur within 3 days of any "fix" provided.  And it is very possible the batteries are no longer any good as these units are 11-20 months old.  However, I find it terrible if this is the case, especially since they are not "user serviceable"

I've been running Motorolas since the i1000.  These will be our last.  Two of my Turbo2s have already been replaced.  My old Turbo is running just fine.  Even my old Note3 is currently outrunning in both performance and battery life over the Turbo2s.  Which is pretty sad. 

I find it hilarious this topic has been marked as "solved" when it obviously hasn't been.  But I have my own solution which is.. Replacing these sad little bricks with Samsungs.  I have to wonder how much longer Moto/Lenovo is going to keep letting previously loyal customers just walk away and spend, in my case, at least $2500.00 with someone else.