Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simplytaboo
Paper Tape
Views: 10,688
Message 1 of 7

Droid Turbo 2 loses battery very fast

OMG!  PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

I am about to switch to an iPhone and do not want to.  My battery drains INCREDIBLY fast, I checked for the updates and its up to date.  Should I purchase a new battery?  PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!  Cell phone illiterate!!!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 10,496
Message 2 of 7

Re: Droid Turbo 2 loses battery very fast

@simplytaboo wrote:

OMG!  PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

I am about to switch to an iPhone and do not want to.  My battery drains INCREDIBLY fast, I checked for the updates and its up to date.  Should I purchase a new battery?  PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!  Cell phone illiterate!!!

Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset. Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375...

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
HolyKnight1121
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,468
Message 3 of 7

It really depends on how your battery is draining. My phone was pretty much dieing after 2 years. I got it the 2nd week the turbo2 came out so it was over 2 years. My battery barely lasted 1 day before, until it started turning off randomly. I figured why my battery was so messed up. It is possible because of Map Quest. I was using GPS for driving from Las Vegas Nevada back to LA California. While I had GPS on I think the phone probably heated over 130 F. Overall I think the SnapDragon810 does terrible job of graphics processing.

If you can please let us see a full days usage of the battery usage graph like the guy "Mjo1" did. Maybe I can help a little more.

Well I guess changing battery is your last resort. I can't really tell if it's battery problem since yours doesn't randomly turn off like mine did. It's gonna be a gamble for you if your gonna get a battery change. Sorry I don't know a battery program that shows which Apps use Google Services.

simplytaboo
Paper Tape
Views: 10,447
Message 4 of 7

1st of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to respond.  Very cool.

I'll see if I can't get a photo up.  I did a reboot, not a factory data reset, but just some reset I read about in one of the forums.  Did nothing.Screenshot_20180213-224826-360x640.png

simplytaboo
Paper Tape
Views: 10,408
Message 5 of 7

So I have tried everything including a factory reset.  Still draining way too fast.  I bought a new battery on Ebay for like $15 bucks and its ike $35 to get it installed.  So it's a $50 gamble.  I'll post after the new one is in next week. Thanks!

simplytaboo
Paper Tape
Views: 9,884
Message 6 of 7

Ok, so I bought  new battery on Ebay, like 10 bucks and the cell store put it in for me, about $30 bucks, and guess what?!?!?!

Phone is working decent again.  Still loses power if I ply games or whatever, but MAJOR improvement

billw31601
What's DOS?
Views: 7,221
Message 7 of 7

Do what I did. Get an E4 Plus. Battery life is best I've seen in a smartphone.  

Top Kudoed Authors