Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grammieann
What's DOS?
Views: 523
Message 1 of 4

I am looking to purchase a new phone and I would likre comparable to my Turbo 2

Looking for advice as to what I need to look for in the new Motorola phones.  Do not need fancy but looking for better battery life, like the screen size to be larger but can be ok with the same

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 514
Message 2 of 4

Re: I am looking to purchase a new phone and I would likre comparable to my Turbo 2

That's a tough question.  It's hard to recommend a new phone to someone soley through forum posting.  I assume you are on Verizon if you have a Turbo 2?  If you like the idea of Moto Mods, the Z2 Force / Z2 Play are really nice.  The new Z3 looks pretty nice also.  If you don't want to use any Moto Mods the Moto G6 is a great mid-range phone.  You get a lot of phone for a cheap price; all with stock Android and Moto features that many of us like.  The Moto X4 is another great phone but I don't know if it works fully on Verizon.  The best advice is go to a Verizon store (or whatever carrier you use) and look & see which ones you like, and what you can afford.

~Scott
Desutho
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 467
Message 3 of 4

Re: I am looking to purchase a new phone and I would likre comparable to my Turbo 2

My husband had a Droid Turbo and bought the G5 Plus at Costco, simply put the Sim card in the new one and works fine on Verizon.  I have Turbo 2 and hoping to hold out for a G6 if offered at Costco at similar pricing in the not so distant future.  Otherwise I'd be happy with the G5--compare their stats online to see if you'd like it.  Personally, i feel no cell phone is worth more than $400 and the G5 was just over $200, but I'm trying to use cell phones as little as possible.  Battery life I'd say about the same, but I'm on wifi all day and don't use it a lot, so that varies greatly from user to user.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 463
Message 4 of 4

I assume you mean a Moto G4 and not an LG G4.  My daughter  had a Moto G4+ and it was an awesome phone.  I bought my son-in-law a Moto G5+ brand new for less than $150 when he cracked the screen on his LG.  I think you can get a brand new Moto G6 right now for $250 or less.  The Moto G series brings a lot of phone for a small price; it's a great "bang for your buck" phone.  For someone that is not a power user, not looking for the best specs on paper, but likes Moto phones and Moto App functionality I would highly recommend a G6.

~Scott