Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Turbo2User
Blue Screen Again
Views: 809
Message 1 of 4

Internal Shared Storage is 22.68GB, but it's actually 6.22GB

I have a droid turbo 2, and it is an endless cause of frustration. 

My current issue is that I get repeated alerts saying the internal storage is full and I am unable to update existing apps or download new apps. When I go to settings, it says I have used 22.68GB of 24.06 GB. I have 6.22GB of Apps, 100 MB of Images, 0 of Videos, 0 of Audio, 397 MB of "Other" and 0 of Cashed Data. You can see the attached screenshot to verify this.

What I have done to try and fix the issue, without success:

1. Deleted apps
  2. Disabled apps that I cannot delete
  3. Deleted photos, videos, etc.
  4. Emptied cached data
  5. Factory reset the phone
  6. Contacted chat support (they said to get an SD card and delete my apps. Obviously unsympathetic and not remotely interested in helping)
  7. Contacted email support (they sent me information on purchasing a new phone, as if I would ever buy a moto phone again in my life)

I really am beyond annoyed with the awful customer service here and hope that maybe someone who had the same issue can offer a solution. I paid for a 32GB phone and I am disappointed that I can't even use 7GB without the phone crashing. Not being able to update apps is not only a bother but also a security issue.

bad_wolf
Paper Tape
Views: 757
Message 2 of 4

Re: Internal Shared Storage is 22.68GB, but it's actually 6.22GB

You're going to need to delete more apps

Turbo2User
Blue Screen Again
Views: 735
Message 3 of 4

Are you joking
Turbo2User
Blue Screen Again
Views: 734
Message 4 of 4

Even after factory reset the problem is still there. I only have 7GB accounted for right now but my phone seems to interpret this as 23GB