cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Anderson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,657
Message 1 of 19

Is there really no help for the Turbo 2?

I have spent more hours on the phone with Verizon and Motorola since the Nougat update than I care to think about and still not one single resolution.  The best I can get from Motorola support is "you need to do a factory reset."  Seriously?  This is the best you can do?  Why has Motorola made no effort to solve the Nougat issues?  I have read through all these forums.  It is one complaint after another about the destruction of the phone right after the Nougat update.  I originally had a Droid Turbo. LOVED IT!  So naturally, when the D2 came out, I jumped on it.  At the time I got it, loved it as well.  Then came along Nougat.  Screen and keyboard lags miserably, apps open up and run in the background by themselves, battery can't even make it eight hours without having to be put back on the charger and the list goes on and on.  I truly have never been so uhappy with a phone as I am this one.  I am not a Samsung or Apple phone guy and hate the thought that of switching, but I am quickly coming to that resolution.  Right now, just to get by, I guess I am going to go back to my original Droid Turbo to get me through till my next upgrade, which is still about 9 months away.  Motorola, the lack of concern and help from your technical support has lost me and my family as a customer.   What a crock!  Is there no hope of a resolution?  Has anyone found any solution to the disgrace that is Nougat?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,624
Message 2 of 19

Re: Is there really no help for the Turbo 2?

@Scott_Anderson wrote:

I have spent more hours on the phone with Verizon and Motorola since the Nougat update than I care to think about and still not one single resolution.  The best I can get from Motorola support is "you need to do a factory reset."  Seriously?  This is the best you can do?  Why has Motorola made no effort to solve the Nougat issues?  I have read through all these forums.  It is one complaint after another about the destruction of the phone right after the Nougat update.  I originally had a Droid Turbo. LOVED IT!  So naturally, when the D2 came out, I jumped on it.  At the time I got it, loved it as well.  Then came along Nougat.  Screen and keyboard lags miserably, apps open up and run in the background by themselves, battery can't even make it eight hours without having to be put back on the charger and the list goes on and on.  I truly have never been so uhappy with a phone as I am this one.  I am not a Samsung or Apple phone guy and hate the thought that of switching, but I am quickly coming to that resolution.  Right now, just to get by, I guess I am going to go back to my original Droid Turbo to get me through till my next upgrade, which is still about 9 months away.  Motorola, the lack of concern and help from your technical support has lost me and my family as a customer.   What a crock!  Is there no hope of a resolution?  Has anyone found any solution to the disgrace that is Nougat?

Hi Scott_Anderson,

Let me assist on this. I have tried searching if you have any contact history with technical support regarding your Droid Turbo 2 using the email address you have on your profile. Unfortunately, I haven't found any. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Was your phone ever replaced?

Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Scott_Anderson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,617
Message 3 of 19

First of all, let me thank you for replying and trying to help.  Anything you can do to make my phone work like it did before the Nougat update, will be so greatly appreciated.  I believe I got my profile updated with the info you requested.

My contact with Verizon and Motorola was by phone, not email, I am not sure what info they used to assign my recoreds in your system.

Verizon wanted to replace my phone, but I have a "designed by you phone."  I asked Verizon if I would get the same phone design of a refurb and they said it would be a refurb.  I didn't accept that so they then turned me over to Motorola.

Motorola techs tried to be helpful, but nothing has been a permanent fix.  The final solution was to do a factory reset and if that didn't work, they would replace my phone.  I asked them the same question, and I was told they couldn't guarantee I would get the same designed phone.  This really stinks considering I paid extra to get the designed phone.  Now, to get it replaced, I have to just accept whatever phone they send me.

As far as all that they tried, it has been about three months since I last talked to them, so I don't remember everything.  I know we tried clearing the cache, they had me reboot the phone in safe mode and had me change a couple settings. Past that, I'm sorry to say I don't remember. 

I read somewhere on here, where someone said they deleted the Facebook app and that made a world of difference.  I did that and it did in fact make things better for a few days, but that was all.  I have tried removing all apps that I am not using on a regular basis and still no change.

The phone has just become so slow since the Nougat update and the worse than anything is the screen.  There times I can be typing and it will litearlly be 10 seconds later when what I typed actually starts to show up.  Other times, the screen just becomes totally unresponsive.  The only way to cure any of the problems, is to just reboot or do the factory reset.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,614
Message 4 of 19

@Scott_Anderson wrote:

First of all, let me thank you for replying and trying to help.  Anything you can do to make my phone work like it did before the Nougat update, will be so greatly appreciated.  I believe I got my profile updated with the info you requested.

My contact with Verizon and Motorola was by phone, not email, I am not sure what info they used to assign my recoreds in your system.

Verizon wanted to replace my phone, but I have a "designed by you phone."  I asked Verizon if I would get the same phone design of a refurb and they said it would be a refurb.  I didn't accept that so they then turned me over to Motorola.

Motorola techs tried to be helpful, but nothing has been a permanent fix.  The final solution was to do a factory reset and if that didn't work, they would replace my phone.  I asked them the same question, and I was told they couldn't guarantee I would get the same designed phone.  This really stinks considering I paid extra to get the designed phone.  Now, to get it replaced, I have to just accept whatever phone they send me.

As far as all that they tried, it has been about three months since I last talked to them, so I don't remember everything.  I know we tried clearing the cache, they had me reboot the phone in safe mode and had me change a couple settings. Past that, I'm sorry to say I don't remember. 

I read somewhere on here, where someone said they deleted the Facebook app and that made a world of difference.  I did that and it did in fact make things better for a few days, but that was all.  I have tried removing all apps that I am not using on a regular basis and still no change.

The phone has just become so slow since the Nougat update and the worse than anything is the screen.  There times I can be typing and it will litearlly be 10 seconds later when what I typed actually starts to show up.  Other times, the screen just becomes totally unresponsive.  The only way to cure any of the problems, is to just reboot or do the factory reset.

Just to confirm, since updating to Android N, you have not done a reset and tested the phone without any apps restored/installed? Just a reset and test prior to do anything other then "set up as new"?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Scott_Anderson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,583
Message 5 of 19

I have actually done factory resets on the phone and used it without apps installed.  Either way, with or without apps, it does fine for a couple of days or even as much as a week, but then the screen lagging begins.  The screen is the biggest issue.

SglGrma
Token Ring
Views: 2,574
Message 6 of 19

Scott,

i have been following this for the past few days.. and just so you know.. you are not alone in this...

the screen lag hit it on the head for me... 3 days out.. from a factory reset for me as i am typing this.. waiting to see if my screen lag starts back up on me...because that is the reason i did my last reset..

Troy-1
HDMI
Views: 2,535
Message 7 of 19

@SglGrma wrote:

Scott,

i have been following this for the past few days.. and just so you know.. you are not alone in this...

the screen lag hit it on the head for me... 3 days out.. from a factory reset for me as i am typing this.. waiting to see if my screen lag starts back up on me...because that is the reason i did my last reset..

I've never had any problems with a keyboard and app like that and it sure doesn't seem normal. Do you perhaps have conflicting keyboards or input sources turned on? Does it start immediately on restart or does it take a while? Does it act the same when you are typing an email, text or facebook message? In other words, is all input affected or only certain things? Do you have the same problem if you turn off Moto Voice?

Just some thoughts, good luck.  Troy

:
SglGrma
Token Ring
Views: 2,530
Message 8 of 19

troy.. keyboard? 

screen lag has nothing to do with the keyboard..you open an app.. it takes a long time to open..u press a link and the phone does nothing...you swipe to change screens to get an app on a different screen to open.. it wont change screens.. this all happened to me after this last update.....

however, it looks like a factory reset fixed mine.. we will see 

Scott_Anderson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,481
Message 9 of 19

The keyboard is the standard Google keyboard that comes preinstalled on the phone.  I have not changed or altered that in ay way that I am aware of.  And yes, when it starts lagging, it does it in every app.  It makes no difference whether I am typing in FB, text, email, messenger or otherwise, it lags just the same.  Now back when all this started, I was noticing it in Facebook more than anything.  So, I deleted Facebook.  But it still continued in everyother app that required an input as well.  I had never tried turning of Moto Voice.  I wouldn't think that has anything to do with it, since all of my input is by typing, not speaking, but I am willing to try anything at this point.

Keep in mind, though, the screen lagging is just one of a long list of issues since Nougat.  Apps automatically opening on their own and running in the background without me ever opening them, batery doesn't last much more than 8 hours at best even with minimal usage, screen becoming unresponsive to touch, bluetooth connection goes on and off (very inconsistent and unreliable), data connection going to 3G and have to reboot phone to get it to go back to 4G......the list just goes on and on.

SglGrma
Token Ring
Views: 2,273
Message 10 of 19

@Scott_anderson,

a reformat and not loading unneeded apps fixed the screen lagging for me.. have not had the issue since after my 2nd format a couple of days apart from each other.. hope you are not having any issues still