Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agent_Liz Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 3,760
Message 1 of 14

Looking for help with your Moto phone?

Screenshot troubleshooter.jpg

Looking for help with your Droid Turbo 2 here? We have many great resources you can turn to, in addition to posting here on this community for help.

In addition, here are some great general Android resources:

And of course, you can post here, in your device community, for help.

¿Buscas soporte en Español? ¡Visita nuestros NUEVOS Foros!

sparkysnap
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,343
Message 2 of 14

Need Moto help but those links do not address this...

Had a phone that quit working. Got a replacement from Asurion.  Came with OS version 24.14.16 and when trying to update to 24.31.22 it says it is up to date already when it actually is not.  I ave seen several others with this issue.  No resolution has been posted. Have tried settings on phone to update and also the PC software called Upgrade Assistant and both fail and say phone is already up to date.  Have wiped cache partition and done factory reset.  Still get same results.  Very frustrated!  

Lenovo / Motoroloa:  Help us out here!

Is Asurion shipping out replacements that are bad or that have some bad or other than OEM hardware???

How can we get this resolved????
BobFire
WWAN
Views: 2,467
Message 3 of 14

Re: Need Moto help but those links do not address this...

Are you using Verizon or another carrier? 

@sparkysnap wrote:
Had a phone that quit working. Got a replacement from Asurion.  Came with OS version 24.14.16 and when trying to update to 24.31.22 it says it is up to date already when it actually is not.  I ave seen several others with this issue.  No resolution has been posted. Have tried settings on phone to update and also the PC software called Upgrade Assistant and both fail and say phone is already up to date.  Have wiped cache partition and done factory reset.  Still get same results.  Very frustrated!  

Lenovo / Motoroloa:  Help us out here!

Is Asurion shipping out replacements that are bad or that have some bad or other than OEM hardware???

How can we get this resolved????

BOB

BabaRumRaisen
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,298
Message 4 of 14

Re: Looking for help with your Moto phone?

Did Motorola INTENTIONALLY lock users OUT of the file structure system in this phone? SEEMS SO!! I have been trying to get my .p3's off my computer and onto my Droid 2, but half the time, Droid files won't display, and when I can get them up, I see no MUSIC folder....I see where the photos are kept under subfolder DCIM (common)...but where would I send my music? I tried making one myself, and transferring my files over to it, waste of time.....I think I have been bamboozled out of a lot of money......having to pay for music you already own....but can't transfer.....and no....I don't want my music on a cloud server.....there it is people......oh, I just upgraded to new Android 7.0........what ye thinks....any suggestions? Last 20 I got were ALL DUDS.......I want to hear from a dang Motorola tech on this subject......
BobFire
WWAN
Views: 2,264
Message 5 of 14

No, Just create a folder and transfer your music. The defult is a google product so get rocket player or something.  No one is making you use cloud stoage for music. 

@BabaRumRaisen wrote:
Did Motorola INTENTIONALLY lock users OUT of the file structure system in this phone? SEEMS SO!! I have been trying to get my .p3's off my computer and onto my Droid 2, but half the time, Droid files won't display, and when I can get them up, I see no MUSIC folder....I see where the photos are kept under subfolder DCIM (common)...but where would I send my music? I tried making one myself, and transferring my files over to it, waste of time.....I think I have been bamboozled out of a lot of money......having to pay for music you already own....but can't transfer.....and no....I don't want my music on a cloud server.....there it is people......oh, I just upgraded to new Android 7.0........what ye thinks....any suggestions? Last 20 I got were ALL DUDS.......I want to hear from a dang Motorola tech on this subject......

BOB

BobFire
WWAN
Views: 2,263
Message 6 of 14

Also if you want to hear from tech support the click the link at the top of the page. This is a peer to peer forum and not a Motorola Tech support forum 

@BabaRumRaisen wrote:

BOB

Paper Tape
Views: 2,163
Message 7 of 14

whitin the last 48 hours my phone stopped working all together and all it does is turns on and off on its on i have read many subjects on this forum and looked in the self help area and nothing seems to work i have factory reset the phone both on buttons and whitin the phone itself and nothing works. please help

MentalAnguish
Punch Card
Views: 1,922
Message 8 of 14

Re: Need Moto help but those links do not address this...

Asurion sends out refurbished phones. These phones are technically devices that were previously owned and sent back for some type of reason, repaired and then put back into circulation for customer replacements. I'm not one who agrees with their business practices but what else can we do. I also had to use there services for my DT2. I'm on my 4th replacement now and still under my 2 year contract paying for a new DT2 for which I do not have. The first one was new and after the first 4 months of owning it I had a issue in which it was replaced by asurion with a refurbished model. Some how I think that is legally wrong but who can we argue with. So what I am trying to say is you may be using someone else's broke junk with a new screen or charging port. We're not told anything about the replacement except " it passes our requirements, has been refurbished to our extent and shipped out as your replacement" ( from asurion). My first replacement was sent back within the first week of receiving it. Obviously their quality control for refurbishing a device could be better but like I said we have no other option. Purchasing a new $700 device and paying for it over a 2 year contract but only owning the new one for 4 months then being given someone else problem child and still paying like it's a new device is fraud. It basically means they got your money, your signed contract and go F yourself if you have issues. Their nice way of saying this is " we can upgrade your phone to another model of your choice" of course this means resigning another new screw you contract and $$ upgrade but with the same crappy support and warranty written in ultra fine print. Sorry if this doesn't answer your question but I hope it helps in some way.
brian1264
802.11n
Views: 1,703
Message 9 of 14

Very frustrated here.  As of th elast Software update my Turbo 2 reboots itself a minimum of 3 times per day (usually more) If it doesnt reboot, all of my Google Apps or services turn off and it goes into a nice loop.

I have done over 50 Cache Wipes and have done 3 FDR's with no luck.  (It does it even in Safe Mode) How do I fix this or even get any help without jumping right to FDR or Send your phone in, wait 3 weeks while we look at it and send you a refurbished phone?

Verizon is useless in most things and this is no exception except that they have admitted many times that this is a known issue.

jc269506
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,220
Message 10 of 14

i have now had this problem twice with two DT2, motorola doesn't care at all about your problems. they just want you to pay $125 to replace the phone every time it happens. I too bought mine new, paid for the first replacement and now (only seven months later) the replacement has failed and motorola won't do a thing about it. I'm currently waiting on a call from the "most senior" person i can get ahold of at motorola for a hopeful solution. Ill let you know if anything new develops. good luck, please let me know if you find any solutions.