cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MentalAnguish
Punch Card
Views: 356
Message 11 of 14

Re: Looking for help with your Moto phone?

So what actually happened twice with 2 separate phones? Did I read that correctly? Blue screen? So what launcher app did you install or restore back to? Every time I read about something like this that occurs with 2 or more phones owned by the same person usually has a bad launcher app. The odds of the same phone owner getting a problem that reoccurs with a replacement phone is 1000 to 1 if not higher then that.

• The first wtonw thing every body does is hit the restore all during initial set up. Let the phone run a few days with just the basic crap that comes preinstalled. If all seems ok after a day or so then start to restore a couple apps. Seriously, depending on the version of the replacement, there may be updates that should take place before you rehog that poor thing back up.  My earlier replacements that I mention throughout this forum where not for any reasons that I have read yet. On my 3rd that I had replaced, it was because I slammed it so hard on a corner work bench, that the phone was curved like a banana but still worked perfectly fine. It just looked wierd and wouldn't fit in my new case. Although, cool to show people Moto can take a ass beaten.
MentalAnguish
Punch Card
Views: 356
Message 12 of 14

So what actually happened twice with 2 separate phones? Did I read that correctly? Blue screen? So what launcher app did you install or restore back to? Every time I read about something like this that occurs with 2 or more phones owned by the same person usually has a bad launcher app. The odds of the same phone owner getting a problem that reoccurs with a replacement phone is 1000 to 1 if not higher then that.

• The first wrong thing every body does is hit the restore all during initial set up. Let the phone run a few days with just the basic crap that comes preinstalled. If all seems ok after a day or so then start to restore a couple apps. Seriously, depending on the version of the replacement, there may be updates that should take place before you rehog that poor thing back up.  My earlier replacements that I mention throughout this forum where not for any reasons that I have read yet. On my 3rd that I had replaced, it was because I slammed it so hard on a corner work bench, that the phone was curved like a banana but still worked perfectly fine. It just looked wierd and wouldn't fit in my new case. Although, cool to show people Moto can take a ass beaten.
GnLguy
Paper Tape
Views: 266
Message 13 of 14

When I plug my phone into a PC via USB, File Explorer will see it but I can transfer any files to the phone and it doesn't see my internal 32gb memory card

Is there a utility that I need to install either on the phone or PC or both to correct this? 

Secondly, I can see the memory card on the phone by using the memory function but I can't see the music loaded on the card by a media player app. 

Any recommended solutions for that? 

Many thanks in advance

MentalAnguish
Punch Card
Views: 237
Message 14 of 14

What file explorer are you using?

Is it the stock oem explorer or did you download one from the play store?

I personally use 6 different file explorers. One I do recommend for users is File Manager +. (By Flashlight + Clock) Very simple to use and is layed out for anyone to understand and will also display the /system folder without being rooted. The second explorer would be File Manager For Superuser's (by Marple Media). This looks more like a traditional style file tree explorer and has some great features. Root Explorer (by Speed Software) is a excellent file manager especialy if you do obtain owners rights of full permissions but even if your not interested in that, the app is amazing. Although many people may recommend ES File Explorer (by ES Global) I find it to be a bit more difficult, does not come as a complete app and pushes add on's by making you download other crappy apps to gain a feature. If none of these file explorers can access what your trying to do then I would say you have a problem. Try a different sdcard or at the least, check to make sure you have the permissions to read/write on the sdcard.