Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rxrebel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,216
Message 1 of 7

Low mic volume during calls

Hello all, 

I am on my 4th DT2 due to the green line issue. I just received the latest one 5 days ago. On the 02/07, everyone started telling me that they couldn't hear me during calls or that it was very low and broken. I could hear them perfectly. On speaker mode, I could both hear and speak perfectly. I have restarted the phone, tried Advanced calling on and off, I have even factory reset the phone. The factory reset helped for a day, and then it reverted back to the same issue. I have also restarted in safe mode to no avail. I can hold the bottom of the phone close to my mouth and speak loudly and it will work.  Is there a way to boost the mic gain or something else I could do? Really getting tired of swapping phones at this stage.

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: Low mic volume during calls

The mic on the device is in the Left Hand port on the bottom of the device (Left of the Verizon Check mark), is there anything blocking that? Liner? Case? 

Rxrebel
Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 7

I tried using compressed air to clean all of the grills and holes in the phone. There is no screen protector or case on the device. I called Motorola and am doing an exchange for another device.

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Message 4 of 7

Compressed air will damage the diaphragm internal to microphone and speakers and is not recommended. This is true on any type of device with a speaker(s) and/or microphone(s). 

Rxrebel
Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the info, I will keep it in mind for the future. In this case,
it made no difference one way or another.
jdixon74
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

I to have noticed this lately i the past month.  My wife constantly telling me she can't hear me.  I hit the speaker phone button and she can hear me fine then i switch back and it's fine.  This is a software issue.  Microphones either work or don't work.  Even i were to get a new phone i believe it will happen again in a few months.  Maybe Marshmallow will address some of these issues but at this rate we will probably see Droid 3 before we see Marshmallow. grrr..

Highlighted
wghikes
What's DOS?
Views: 41
Message 7 of 7

I have the same issue only on the G6. Was working fine for a month then individuals started telling me that they couldn't hear me during calls even though I could hear them perfectly. On speaker mode, I could both hear and speak just fine. Through tech support we have restarted the phone, tried Advanced calling on and off, and have even factory reset the phone to no avail. Since the phone was still under warranty, Motorola sent me a brand new phone. Within two weeks I started having the same issue. I have also restarted in safe mode to no avail. If I try recording a video, the mic works fine. If I try a video call it works fine. Just when I use the phone AS a phone it fails miserably. What gives Moto!

Need more help!