Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RGREEN1477
What's DOS?
Views: 604
Message 1 of 3

Micro SD card all of a sudden not recoginized

I'm sorry if anyone posted this question or issue before.

My Lexar 128 GB 633x Micro SD card was working beautifully for about a year until a few weeks ago. All of sudden the Droid Turbo 2 will not recognize the SD card. 

I ejected the card twice and reinstalled. No luck.

I will insert the Micro SD card into an external card reader connected to my computer and see if the content will display on my computer.

Any suggestions?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 593
Message 2 of 3

Re: Micro SD card all of a sudden not recoginized

@RGREEN1477 wrote:

I'm sorry if anyone posted this question or issue before.

My Lexar 128 GB 633x Micro SD card was working beautifully for about a year until a few weeks ago. All of sudden the Droid Turbo 2 will not recognize the SD card. 

I ejected the card twice and reinstalled. No luck.

I will insert the Micro SD card into an external card reader connected to my computer and see if the content will display on my computer.

Any suggestions?

Hi @RGREEN1477,

That's also the first thing I would do. If I see all of my files still there, I would back everything up then format the card from the PC. After that, I would try re-inserting the SD card back to the phone.

If I have a spare SD card, I would also try it on just to make sure that it's not my phone. Hope this helps.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Highlighted
wcswing
What's DOS?
Views: 30
Message 3 of 3

Re: Micro SD card all of a sudden not recoginized

I tried using the "add tape" solution mentioned in other places regarding this issue on My SanDisk Micro SD that stopped working.  Didn't help.  Purchased Samsung EVO 64gb MicroSD, installed it and it went back to functioning immediately.  Reasoning from other places says something about size of the Samsung (bigger & fits more snugly allowing contacts to touch).

Top Kudoed Authors