Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Droidcat
What's DOS?
Views: 12,024
Message 1 of 7

Motorola Droid Turbo 2 sound stops working

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 phone running Android 7.0. I have a recurrent problem where the sound - ringtone, notifications, clock alarm - stops working. Everything is turned on and set correctly and it's not muted or on vibrate. Rebooting the phone fixes the problem, but only  temporarily. This problem is leading to missed calls and alarms. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

Former Employee
Views: 11,557
Message 2 of 7

Re: Motorola Droid Turbo 2 sound stops working

Hi Droidcat

When did this issue start? What other troubleshooting steps have you tried just to make sure that we will not duplicate what you've done? Have you tried safe mode?  

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Droidcat
What's DOS?
Views: 11,526
Message 3 of 7

It first happened earlier this summer. The only troubleshooting I've done is checking the volume and sound settings, making sure it's not muted, and rebooting. It 's happening again !

Former Employee
Views: 11,523
Message 4 of 7

@Droidcat wrote:

It first happened earlier this summer. The only troubleshooting I've done is checking the volume and sound settings, making sure it's not muted, and rebooting. It 's happening again !

Hi Droidcat, 

If I may ask, was the phone updated before the issue started? If yes, you can try clear cache partition and see if it may help. If the issue persists, you may perform Factory data reset with no restore. 

- Ella

EricInSandy
What's DOS?
Views: 5,166
Message 5 of 7

I've had the same problem. The other issue is that I couldn't use Google's "Find My Device," because the sound would turn off as soon as a connection was made.

Anyway, I seem to have temporarily solved the problem by going into Settings and setting all my apps at their default permissions. So I know the problem is with some app or a setting, but I don't know which one.

EricInSandy
What's DOS?
Views: 5,126
Message 6 of 7

My "fix" in my post above turned out not to work. But I now think I have found the solution. The problem seems to occur only when I have Bluetooth on but not connected to a device. Since I turned off Bluetooth yesterday, the problem has not recurred. We'll see.

Rongwey
What's DOS?
Views: 1,686
Message 7 of 7

Is it possible your phone is connected to  bluetooth headphones or earbuds that araen't emiting sounds for some reason?